Bitter Meeting

"Lady Adalyn, aren't we going home yet?" Luis asks Adalyn who is busy reading some sort of medical book.

"No we aren't. There's still a lot of time before the Autumn Ball besides aren't we enjoying our break?" Adalyn justifies making Luis rethink his decision.

"Yeah but-" before Luis could finish his statement a deafening blast erupts from outside and subconsciously Luis pulls Adalyn away from the window. Just in time before a large rock smashes into it, sending shards of glass in all direction.

"Lady Adalyn how are you!?" Luis asks in a terrified state whereas Adalyn stares blankly at the window.

"Just fine... How about you?"

"I'm alright but let's get out of here!" Luis pushes Adalyn outside the inn and upon exiting, townsfolk run rampant in all direction, shoving and hitting each other to avoid the chaos happening.

"Mother! Where are you! Mom!" A little girl about the age of four cries in the middle of all the burning. The little girl walks around, lost and crying for her caretaker; oblivious to the burning mahogany above the now ashen antique store. The weight creaks under the unstable floors and with the help of the strong winds, the mahogany table tips.

"Little girl watch out!" Adalyn cries and runs to her direction.

'No, it'll take both of us.' Adalyn thinks horrifyingly at the sudden realization that she can't save the girl quickly but if she would use her body as shield then the little girl won't be hurt. Adalyn grabs hold of the little girl tightly as the table is only above the crown of her head. Adalyn is ready to brace herself for a painful impact but somehow it never came.

Confused, Adalyn opens her eyes and looking up she sees a knight with blonde hair that glimmers against the fire behind them but what is most striking is his gold and blue eyes. He effortlessly throws away the table from them, making the two girls flinch at the sound of wood hitting the cement floor.

"Adalyn what are you doing here?" A cold voice asks amidst all the screaming.

"Br-brother Castiel..." Adalyn breathe out both of relief and confusion.

"Castiel we've found the culprit. He's just outside this town but he is unbelievably strong and there's no sorcerer who can supress his mana. We need you now!" A blue haired knight interjects to the conversation Castiel and Adalyn had.

"Let's head out. Adalyn you stay with Dame Catherine- Knights prepare all you swords and magicians bring your most powerful spells."

"Yes!" Responds the men Castiel brought with him and immediately scurry off to follow his command.

"Are you Lady Adalyn?" Adalyn looks up to see a orange haired girl with the shade of dark blue eyes.

"Yes." Adalyn answers meekly, still not letting go of the trembling and crying child in her arms.

"Follow me please."

"Wait! I still have a companion with me."

"Oh you mean that loud boy over there?" Catherine points to the direction of a shouting Luis who is being drag away to safety by a tall teen.

"Let me go! I still need to find Lady Adalyn!" Luis keeps on shouting and thrashing in the teen's arms. Adalyn immediately hands the little girl to the dame and rush to Luis' side.

"Luis!"

"Lady Adalyn." Luis tears up seeing his Lady safe and sound, immediately he shakes himself away from the boy behind him and runs up to Adalyn.

Meanwhile in the burned down village of Finadara, a group of knights from Arran and troops from Finadara gather around a little boy who is exerting dark and suffocating energy around himself.

"Surrender in the name of the King!" A soldier demands. The little boy who didn't mind the menacing aura that they emit instead looks around the audience until his crystal silver eyes lands on a certain young knight.

Castiel.

"You." The little boy's raspy voice sent shivers to all around but they still stood tall and brave.

"What do you want?" Castiel asks harshly earning a dark humourless chuckle from the boy.

"My reasons, I'm afraid, are highly confidential but I will be needing you."

"Then atleast give us your name before I put this-" Castiel unsheathes his sword "-in your throat." The boy only smiles calmly even after that hair-raising threat.

"The name's Aleksandr."

Loud explosions erupts through the air and all the citizens who are in the safe house look at the black smoke rising.

"Do you think brother will be alright?" Adalyn asks worriedly to Catherine who is guarding the entrance.

"Castiel is one of the land's greatest knights. Don't underestimate him Lady Adalyn." Catherine answers coldly.

"O-of course." Adalyn stutters at the sharp time she used at her but brushed it off because of the overwhelming feeling of anxiety. Adalyn stares at the direction of the fight and prays for Castiel's safety.

"Ya primenil eto zaklinaniye v noch', chtoby svyazat' svoikh vragov i ogranichit' ikh boy.

zemlya, veter, voda, ogon', ya khochu ostanovit' ikh egoistichnoye zhelaniye.

Bogom ya prikazyvayu vam svyazat'.

(I cast this spell into the night to bind my enemies and limit their fight.

by earth, by wind, by water, by fire, i wish to stop their selfish desire.

By God I command you to bind.)

The group of sorcerers chant and thick golden chains emerge from the ground, chaining the little boy still. Seeing that he is restrained they took this opportunity to stab in together.

Blood gush out of the Aleksandr's now pierced body but he made no sound instead he sigh at their attempt to kill him.

"I'm really getting tired of all these skewers. Hey! If you get impaled by one of these will it hurt? I wonder~" Aleksandr asks curiously even though all the swords are punctured through his body. Everyone shudders seeing that he is still standing even if his blood pools around him.

"Sh-shut up devil!" A warrior shouts and runs to Aleksandr's, ready to chop off his head but before the sword could touch his head it shatters to pieces. The warrior gasps in terror then the sharp shards levitate to only pierce the warrior's head. Blood ooze out of the dead warrior's disfigured face.

"Gahh!" Many screams and some even threw up at the sight of their dead comrade. At that moment of vulnerability Aleksandr nullified the magic that restrains him making it dissipate into thin air. Aleksandr pulls out all the sword that are punctured in his body and after taking it all off, he vents off his tiny frustration by kicking the corpse at his feet.

"I hate it when people destroys my clothes and if another cloth falls on the ground, I'll skin you alive." Upon hearing his threat the atmosphere turn heavy, suffocating the magic users and sword welders. All seems dire until Castiel steps up in the frontline.

"You'll pay for the lives you've taken."

"Who do I have to pay? The devil? God?" Aleksandr taunts, "Sorry to burst your bubble but I don't own them anything." He informs sinisterly.

Dame Catherine