Her Fantastic Ideas

"Grandpa!" Adalyn pops out behind the doorframe with a tea set for Desmond. "Ah Adalyn." Desmond and his attendant jump in surprise.

"Sorry for scaring you Grandpa, it's already tea time. Would you like to eat the biscuits here or in the greenhouse?" Adalyn asks as she is ready to set the table for Desmond. "I'll just eat it here today, there's so much work that I forgot about lunch."

"Grandpa you should really look after your health! If you overwork yourself, who knows what will happen." Adalyn lectures the poor Desmond who can't say anything against his precious Granddaughter. The attendant watching all this unfold snickered a laugh seeing his usually horrifying Lord act like a kitten. "Oh sorry for disturbing your talk Sir. Lance." Adalyn bows at the direction of the attendant to which he replies with a panicked voice, "I-It's alright My Lady!"

The heated glare of Desmond made Lance turn into a blabbering mess without the knowledge of Adalyn. "Pay him no mind lass and there's really no need for you to worry about my health, I'm still up and running!" Desmond reassures the worried Adalyn.

"Oh I see but Grandfather seeing that you've stayed in your study since dinner yesterday, I believe that this is a serious matter that needs to be dealt with immediately." Adalyn observes, the two who now sighs started explaining the situation.

"You see My Lady, the village is in poverty and the household is in the verge of bankruptcy. We can't find a solution for this problem..." Lance answered truthfully. "Why didn't you tell me about this Grandpa?" Adalyn stares at Desmond with a look of shock at what is happening in the household. "Then would you mind me looking through the documents?" Adalyn asks as she gestures to the open folders where the finances are revealed.

"Go ahead." Desmond offers the pile of documents for Adalyn to read and all the while munching on some cookies that she prepared. After 20 minutes of flipping through document per document, Adalyn stands up with a determined look on her face.

Desmond puts down his cookie, seeing his Granddaughter finish, "So lass, what do your think?" "Well, this is only my humble opinion," Adalyn starts but seeing Desmond nod his head she continues.

"I believe that Grandpa must not push through with implementing raise in tax." Desmond rubs his eyes, trying to chase the headache away, "I know that it isn't the best idea so far but our people are in desperate need already. If we can't find solution fast then they won't last until winter."

'Grandpa is so kind. He knows that this will greatly affect the villagers but is still willing to do so in order to atleast save half of them but there is a better solution than this.' "Well Grandpa, I have a solution but will you listen to it?" Adalyn asks.

"I see no downside in listening." Desmond says as he leans back on his chair.

"Well Grandpa it's better to start off by managing our budget. Since we are the contributor of money in this village we can start with the basics and that is to limit our consumption in luxury goods. I have many items that can be sold off to merchants then we can use the money we've earned to distribute systematically to the citizens but this is only  a short-term solution that is why I am thinking of investing money to the country of Finadara." "Oh~ I haven't thought of that yet." Desmond mutters.

"Yes and we will be buying mutual fund invested in the most successful trading center. It would cost us around 600, 000 gold atleast but despite this we get to have access to the raw goods of Finadara and other countries they are trading with and I am confident that by a year or two we will be the richest land in Arran." The two of them stares in wonder at what Adalyn suggested.

"That is the best plan I've heard so far but what will the trading center gain from us?" Desmond presses. "Since we are a bit poor we cannot present anything yet but give me 5 months and I will get the contract with the Finadara!"

"Then I will be expecting a lot from you." Desmond smiles, "Wait, you're just leaving it all in my hands?" Adalyn asks, completely shocked. "Well of course, seeing as you've matured these past few days I believe you can carry the household already."

"I- I mean I can but... Grandpa don't you think what you're deciding now is a too audacious!" Desmond just shook his head at his Granddaughter's worry.

"I don't believe so Lady Adalyn. Just by thinking of the village's condition and even offering to work just to help the land is more than enough for Lord Banoore to let you be in charge of it." Lance explains.

"Re-really? Thank you." Adalyn says while being flustered which made Desmond glare at poor Lance. 

"In any case, I'll start my project already. Have a good day Grandpa," Adalyn says after kissing Desmond's cheek. "Good day to you too, Lance!"

As soon as Adalyn left, Desmond's smiling and happy mood turned sour as he faces Lance. "So Lance,you do know that my dear Granddaughter was only being nice to you, right?" He asks with venom lacing his every word.

"Y-yes My Lord." Lance replies, sweat dripping from his forehead.

After feeling satisfied with his answer, Desmond slouches on his chair with a troubled look. In a flash, Lance stood by his side with confusion to why his Lord's mood turned gray.
"What's wrong My Lord?" Desmond sighs, "It's just that I'm tired of being amazed by her already."

"Indeed, My Lady is a very bright and knowledgeable young woman that will surely pass even the geniuses in this century." Lance praises.

"Don't overstep your boundaries Lance." Desmond growls at him, 'My, Lady Adalyn will surely have a difficult time marrying a husband.' Lance thinks while Desmond continues to glare daggers at his direction.