Seeing Darkness

Adalyn crawls under her covers and lets the moonlight become her nightlight. She feels her eyes grow heavy with sleep and soon she is already fast asleep without knowing the lurking dangers of what awaits her in the dreamworld.

"Hello?" Adalyn calls as soon as she opens her eyes, the emptiness caused her to fidget nervously. Soon, darkness around her disappeared and she found herself in a crowd who are all focused on the scene in front of them, Adalyn turns to where they are looking and see a group of knights shaking in fear behind a tall black red haired girl.

Her sword points at the shadow figure who is squishing the face of an attractive young woman. Her gorgeous locks of dark hair is tamed in a large bun despite seeing the ethereal beauty in front of her, Adalyn knows that she is being tortured by the dark shadow since blood is splattered on her and staining the already red gown she is wearing.

"Get him! Kill him you puny pile of junks! If anything happens to my face, I'll destroy you all!" She snaps at the direction of the knights who look troubled to follow her orders or save their own lives.

"What are you all doing!? Protect the Princess!" The red haired knight who stood in front of the knights commands and immediately the group charges all together, "Oh? Are those supposed to kill me? So amusing! To think that those piece of skewers can kill." The shadow chuckles and immediately all the bodies of the knights are split into half, Adalyn has to stop herself from vomiting at the sight. Blood spills and surprisingly, she is the only one who isn't covered with blood whereas the audience are either splattered or drenched.

"Eeekkk! Dirty! Filthy! Get it off me!" The Princess screech when blood covers her entire face, "Princess!" The girl tries to reach for the Princess but her hand got cut off. It was so quick that Adalyn didn't realize it has been cut until blood, once again, spurts out. The audience screams in terror as chaos around them continues on.

"Ahhh!" The red haired girl screams in agony, the shadow walks over to the crouched figure of the knight. He uses his shoe to take a good look at knight and somehow he made his huge smile turn even bigger. Adalyn shivers at the sight.

"You did this to me too, do you remember? Telling me to give my body and life solely for the Princess. You also stepped on my wounds that time, you seemed to enjoy it, I wonder how that feels." After saying those words, he steps on her arm hard which caused more blood to pour out.

"Gahh!!!" She cries more louder this time and the shadow only laughs at the sight, "You were right! Stepping on a pathetic person sure is fun!" Many people turns to vomit but strangely Adalyn just watches it with a stoic face.

"Hey let me go! Hero, once I get out of this I'll surely have your he-" before the Princess could finish, the shadow turns and flicks his hand. In that quick action, the mouth of the Princess is sliced and all that could come out of her mouth are gurgles. All cried and some faints at the sight, even Adalyn had to stop herself from vomiting.

"You're so noisy." The shadow mutters dangerously, "Don't you see the situation you are in right now? I could easily kill you but that won't satisfy me one bit. I still need to see you beg on your knees and lick my shoes with your slit tongue!" He growls dangerously which only earned a gurgled response from the Princess.

'This guy... He's very dangerous..." Adalyn thinks and as if he heard her, he turns to her direction. His bottomless eyes made Adalyn freeze in place, every fiber in her body is telling her to run but fear won't let her. Everything slowly dissipates until only the shadow and Adalyn are left. Her breathing seems to stop when the figure is right in front of her, Adalyn could feel the cold emitting from him and she dares not look at him straight in the eyes.

"You are..." He trails off, looking at the crown head of Adalyn, "Hey! Look at me when I'm talking to you." He forces her to look at him by pinching her chin upward.

Adalyn looks at him with flinching eyes because of the force he used, the shadow silenced and in a second his horrible smile came back. Scared out of her wits, Adalyn tears herself away from him and runs to the other direction of the shadow.

"Hey!" The shadow chases after Adalyn, for what felt like an eternity running away from the monster behind her she gradually slows down. She couldn't believe that even in her dreams she'll feel tired.

'Come on Adalyn don't stop!' she encourages herself but that little change in pace caused the shadow to grab hold of her shoulders. She feels herself being hoisted up in the air and she lets out a gasp, the shadow chuckles with an evil smile. "Finally! It's annoying to chase after a meek mouse like you. Now if you'll excuse me, I want your eyes." Adalyn's face paled and her body stiffens at the thought of him bulging her eyes out for his own interest.

In reflex, Adalyn did the only thing that she could think of. She kicked the shadow on his face. Shocked by what happened, the dark mask of the shadow cracks to reveal an angelic face but his expression is twisted with anger and disbelief. 'She kicked me. A little girl dares kick me in the face!' he thought and while he is overwhelmed by what happened, she took this chance and ran faster than ever.

"You get back here!" The shadow chased after her once again but this time Adalyn can see the light that will surely protect her from him. She forces her tired legs to go faster until she is near the light, the shadow stops just barely touching the light that she is engulfed into and now that the threat is away in a good distance she can see him. He has long snow white hair and and a rare color of silver that glows in the dark.

He is mesmerizing to look at.

He has the appearance of an angel but she knows better than trusting how he looks. He may be the most beautiful and perfect boy she has ever seen but recalling what he just did she shivers and runs towards the light that keeps calling her name out.

After Adalyn is taken away from the darkness, he smirks. "Hah, so her name is Adalyn huh?" He hums since now has two ways to find her in real life. "Adalyn, Adalyn. Hmm, it sounds beautiful." He mutters in a singsong way and he slowly slips away along the darkness he calls his friend.

Adalyn wakes up with a gasp and sees Desmond look down at her with an anxious face. "Are you alright lass? You keep turning on your bed and the maids can't wake you up." Adalyn can only stare in shock to which Desmond sees and he only did what he can do in his power. He hugs her.

"Don't worry Adalyn, I won't let anyone hurt a single hair on your head." He soothes until Adalyn snaps out of her state and she embraces her Grandfather with trembling arms.

'Safe seems to be out of reach from me.' Adalyn thinks but she didn't say one word to her scared Grandfather.

_____________
The mysterious man~~~

_____________The mysterious man~~~