Hear No Secrets Chapter 12

Start from the beginning

“Don’t worry about it,” Lana said.

“Yeah,” Mia said, “I always had a feeling you were gonna fall for the mystery type.”

“The mystery type?” I laughed.

“Oh come on!” She said, “Grant’s totally the mystery guy! Nobody knows anything about him. You’re the closest anyone has ever gotten to him. People’s jaws are going to drop tomorrow when they see that you two are dating.”

“And they’re already going to be staring at me because I won.”

“They can’t help it,” Mia said, “I think they’re still shocked that an athlete like you even goes to our school. You’re more of an athlete than anyone else there.”

I laughed, “Thanks. Can we get back to everyone else now? You two are over the shock of Grant and I aren’t you?”

“We can learn to be,” Mia said, “But we do have to get back out there. It’ll be even better for us to be able to see you two together.”

I rolled my eyes, “Okay. I’m leaving the room now.”

            When the three of us left my room it took us a few minutes to find everybody gathered in the gym. They turned on the large projector and were re-watching my performance.

“Already?” I asked as I walked in. My parents turned around and smiled at me. When Grant noticed someone else was in the room he turned around and saw me.

“It’s never too soon to start watching our girl shine,” Dad said proudly.

“Right now all I can think about is relaxing. I’ve had enough excitement for a few days.”

“When are you going back to school?” mom asked.

“I was thinking about tomorrow,” I replied, “I’d rather get all the attention over with sooner rather than later.”

“It won’t be that bad,” Peter said, “The whole town is proud of you.”

“Still,” I said, “I’m not used to being the center of attention again at school.”

Darren slightly bumped Grant, causing him to look over at him, “We need to get home.”

“Already?” Grant asked him.

“Yup.”

“Okay.” Grant looked over at me.

“I’ll walk you two out,” I smiled.

He smiled, “I was hoping so.”

Just like before Darren went to the car and waited for Grant there. I walked most of the way with him, but stopped at the porch and he turned to face me.

“I’m glad you came,” I told him.

“Me too,” he said.

            I really wanted him to kiss me again. We both stood there awkwardly and I waited for him to say something. I leaned against the post and he reached over and grabbed my hand.

“I don’t really know what to say,” he admitted.

I smirked, “Well that’s a first.”

He chuckled, “I’m just nervous I guess.”

“Why would you be nervous?” I asked, “You’ve never been nervous around me before.”

“Maybe you never thought I was,” he replied, “Most of the time I pushed it aside and just acted like a jerk instead.”

“You’re not going to go back to that person are you?”

“For you?” he said, “No.”

“What’s that mean?” I asked him.

“I let you in Chloe, but I can’t let everyone in.”

“Why not?”

“I just can’t,” he said.

“I know you’ve let me in more than you’re used to, but you’re not going to hurt anyone. You have the potential to make a lot of friends.”

“I don’t want a lot of friends. I have you.”

“And that’s enough for you?” I asked, “Just me, your brother, and your small group of friends at school. Are you sure?”

“The people I hang out with at school doesn’t count. That was a set up. Their friends, but not close friends.”

“So you don’t let them in?”

“No,” he said, “Not really, but you, Darren, and my parents are all I need. I’ll be fine. Don’t worry about me.”

“I can’t help it.”

“Chloe, I’m fine I promise. See you tomorrow?” he asked.

“Yeah,” I smiled, “I’ll see you at school.”

“Good,” he smiled back, “I’ll meet you by the front door.”

            Before he got the chance to walk down to the car I wrapped my arms around his neck and hugged him. I rested my head on his shoulder and hoped he wouldn’t pull away. A smile spread across my face when I felt his arms slowly go around me and hug me tighter. After a minute, which didn’t seem long enough, we pulled away.

“Thank you for coming,” I smiled, “I was really happy to see you.”

As he brushed the hair behind my ears he replied, “I was pretty happy to see you too.”

“Really?”

“You are my girlfriend, aren’t you?”

“That’s right!” I smiled again, “I am, aren’t I?”

He nodded his head, “You are now.”

“I wouldn’t have it any other way.”

“You’re serious aren’t you?”

“Of course I’m serious,” I said, “I really REALLY like you Grant. Probably more than I should.”

“And I like you A LOT more than I should,” he replied.

Finally, I thought, he was leaning down to kiss me. We both smiled just before his lips touched mine. An overwhelming feeling inside me wanted to stand there and kiss him forever. Obviously Grant was thinking the same thing. He deepened the kiss before I did, but we were both interrupted by a car horn. Grant didn’t hear it, but I did. I stopped the kiss and looked over towards the car. Darren was waving his hands at us, signaling Grant to hurry up.

“I should go,” Grant said, “We were supposed to be home already.”

“Yeah,” I smiled, “See you tomorrow.”

“Tomorrow,” he smiled back and finally loosened his grip on me and walked to the car.

            Oh yeah, I thought, I’m definitely falling for him. We’ve been friends for three or four months now, but I felt like I’ve known him forever. The only time our conversations get awkward is when something comes up about his past or his secret. When we’re just talking, everything’s perfect. Even if I don’t know his secret, I still know him. I really know him. Probably better than anybody ever will if Grant doesn’t start letting people in. I don’t care what his secret is, I decided. There’s nothing that’s going to change my mind about Grant Clark.

THE END CHAPTER 12!!!

feedback?

like the story so far? It's not getting many reads, votes or comments so please let me know what you think? :)