Chapter 14: I do love you

(Demetri's POV)

"Demetri!" a voice said panicked as I slowly regained consciousness. I opened my eyes to find Heidi hovering over me looking worried. I sat up slowly feeling like I had no energy; I noticed that I was lying in a bed. I looked around to see that I was in the room Chloe was staying in.

"What happened?" I asked then remembered seeing Nick grab Chloe, "Where's Chloe?" I asked panicked looking around the room.

"We're not sure," Heidi said looking upset, "you've been out for three days. Alec called Aro and told him what happened and that Chloe was missing. We rushed over here to find you unconscious. Alec and Jasper tried to go after Chloe and that vampire, but lost them." I tried to stand up only to have Heidi place a hand on my shoulder.

"You're in no shape to go after her right now Demetri," she said and I growled.

"Let me go Heidi," I hissed, "I have to go after her before she gets hurt."

"They won't hurt her." Aro said walking into the room with his brothers, "if anything they're going to use her as bait."

"I should still go after her." I said and Aro shook his head.

"Not until we can figure out what's going on." He said and I huffed.

"Here," Heidi said handing me a glass of blood which I gladly took. After drinking, I could feel my strength slowly coming back, but I didn't have enough energy to track Chloe. Heidi helped Me walk downstairs where the Cullens, nomads, and my coven were gathered. Peter looked beyond angry as he glared at a wall while his mate patter his shoulder.

"So what do we do now?" Heidi asked when I sat down on the couch. Aro sighed and looked at his brothers for suggestions.

"Jacob and the others are scouting the area to see if they can find anything." Edward said.

"We should inform Athena and Damien about what's happening," Marcus said, "they will want to help." Aro nodded and looked at Felix who walked out while pulling out his phone. Vladimir and Stefan walked into the room. Vladimir stood by Heidi while Stefan walked over to Renata.

"Who ever took her," Vladimir said, "he was good at covering up his tracks." He looked at me, "can you find your mate Demetri?" I glared at him then shook my head.

"Whatever we're going to do," Caius said, "we should do it before this gets out of hand." Aro and Marcus agreed.

(Chloe's POV)

I woke up slowly and when I opened my eyes I noticed that I was in a large bedroom. I quickly sat up remembering what had happened. I ran to the door only to find that there was a locked metal gate in front of the room door. I sighed and looked around to see that the windows also had metal bars on them. I froze when I heard voices on the other side of the door.

"You kidnapped the tracker's mate?!" an Angry voice hissed, "why not just tell the Volturi where we are while you're at it!"

"They won't attack us as long as we have her." I heard Nick say, "besides she's more important than you think."

"To you," the voice hissed, "she's your responsibility now. I sure hope you have a plan to keep the Volturi from attacking us."

"Whatever," Nick huffed and I heard footsteps walk away. I ran over to the bed and sat down when I heard the door knob turn. Nick walked in a second later with a glass of blood in his hand.

"You're awake," he smiled walking over to me, "here." He handed me the glass of blood. I glared at him and refused to take the glass making him sigh. He set the glass on the side table and crossed his arms.