[11]

the next morning at school, adelaide comes up to me at my locker. "have you seen the video?" she asked me.

"what video?" i asked, and she sighs.

she pulls out her phone, and shows me a video of mattia.

"was that recent?" i asked, sort of mad.

"i think so. i guess he posted it on his spam account and deleted it but people were quick to screenrecord," she explained.

"so that's why he wanted to go home so quickly..." i said, and adelaide shrugged. then, kairi came up to us.

"hey adelaide, bellamy." he greeted us, and i looked at him.

"did you know?" i asked, and he looks confused.

"know about what?" he asked us, and adee showed him the video.

"was that from yesterday?" he asked and adee answered, "most likely. i mean that's probably why he was so in a rush to go home."

"oh damn... you're probably right. but he told me he that he likes you, bell. why would he say that then do that with jenna?" he was confused, as was i.

"i don't know, and i honestly don't care. i'm gonna go to class," i told them but i really did care. that shit hurts. i was actually starting to believe that he liked me, but who am i kidding?

i go to class, and the bell rings. but mattia walks in late. "you guys know what to do," the teacher told us and everyone started moving seats to sit next to their partner for the project.

mattia sits next to me, and i just play on my phone. "so, what are we doing?" he asked me, and i shrugged my shoulders.

"what's wrong?" he asked, sounding very concerned but again, he could be acting like he did when we first hung out together.

"nothing," i lied. obviously i was still pissed at the fact he said what he said then did what he did.

"stop, there's something wrong. what happened?" he asked again, and i rolled my eyes.

"mattia, there's nothing fucking wrong okay? just let it go," i snapped, and his eyes go wide.

"okay, i'm sorry. i just don't want to see you so down," he replied.

"why the fuck does it matter if i'm down or not?" i asked him.

"because i- i care about you, a lot. and i don't like seeing the people i care about hurting," he answered.

"well it doesn't matter. you shouldn't care," i told him. "why should i not?" asked mattia.

"i don't know. maybe you should care more about your girlfriend," fuck... i didn't mean to say that, it just slipped out.

"who's my girlfriend?" he asked, confused.

"i don't know. maybe jenna. weren't you just talking about how you were glad that you broke up with a 'toxic bitch' like her but yet... you were so quick to go home to stick your tongue down her throat... makes sense, right?" i told him.

he scoffed, "so it's like that?"

"what do you mean? why are you getting mad? i should be the only one who's mad. you don't have a right to be mad."

"this isn't even my fault," he rolled his eyes.

"so, this is my fault?" i asked, then scoffed.

"yeah, it is."

"fuck you," i told him.

"fuck you." he responded.