[1]

bellamy rose

"seriously, what the fuck are you staring at?" i asked the guy sitting across from me.

"nobody wants to look at your bitch ass," mattia gave attitude back. "obviously you do since you're staring at me, bitch." i scolded, but before he could say anything, the teacher cuts him off.

"stop arguing, you guys do this everyday." she told us, "and just for that. class, we're doing a big project. no you can't choose your partners, i already have your partners assigned for you. mattia and bellamy, you guys will be partners."

"you gotta be fucking kidding me," said mattia. "excuse me? watch your language." mrs. castano told him.

"i'm sorry but i cannot work with her," he told her. "and i cant work with him," i told her.

"i don't care. you guys will work together and learn how to be friends or something, i'm tired of you guys constantly arguing everyday in this class." she explained, and we rolled our eyes.

"this is bullshit," i said.

"you're bullshit." mattia told me. "shut the fuck up you sack of shit," i argued back, and mrs. castano scolded at us again.

"this project is due in two weeks. if it's not done by then, you'll end up getting a zero. and you don't want that. this could affect your grade." she tells the class.

she assigns everyone partners, while me and mattia were salty. i don't want to work with him. he's literally the worst person alive.

he's basically my enemy. we've always hated each other since kindergarten. he cut my hair which made me end up having a bob haircut. so, i spilled water on him and yelled out, "ew mattia peed himself," which embarrassed him.

ever since then, we've never became friends and always hated each other. i don't care though.

the bell rings and we're off to lunch. i sit with my best friend, adelaide, and some other friends. they were oddly obsessed with mattia, ale, kairi, alvaro, roshaun, and robert. i seriously don't understand why.

"did you see their new tiktoks?" rey asked. "who cares? they're still teenage boys, just because they have fame on social media doesn't mean anything." i told her. i was getting tired of them talking about those boys everyday.

"what crawled up your ass and died?" she scoffed. "sorry, mrs. castano partnered me up with mattia." i said.

"you're joking"

"lucky"

"no way"

they say in unison. "i'm not joking. it fucking sucks, i don't want to work with him," i rolled my eyes.

"well it looks like he wants to work with you... because uh- he's kinda staring," adelaide said. i look up, and he quickly looked away.

what a weirdo, i thought.

i looked back down at my phone, scrolling through instagram while the girls still fan girl over the guys. and then i get a text.

mattiapolibio:
what the hell are we gonna
do for our project?

bellamyrose:
idk

mattiapolibio:
well can you think of something?
i'm just tryna hurry up & get this
shit done with.

bellamyrose:
then you think of something

mattiapolibio:
are you really gonna make me
think of what we should do for
this stupid ass project?

bellamyrose:
yessir

mattiapolibio:
why the hell are you so dry

bellamyrose:
why the hell does it matter
seen

***

that's what i thought asshole. the lunch bell rang, and we head to physics. kairi and robert were in my class, they're kinda cool i guess.

as we were doing our lab, we all would crack jokes and laugh together. until kairi asked, "how could mattia possibly hate you? you're fucking funny and have an amazing personality."

"he never told you?" i asked, and he shook his head. "i purposely spilled water on him to make it look like he peed himself when we were younger and embarrassed him," i explained.

"why?"

"he cut my hair so i had to get a bob haircut," i tell him and he laughs, along with robert. "hey! it's not funny!" i told them, and laugh with them too.

"imagine you with a bob right now," robert said, and we all laughed. "shutup robert," i said.