"My dad and I have never really got along. My mom was out of the picture since I was young, I barely remember her to be honest," Caleb starts, my hand slides across his torso comfortingly.

"I'm not entirely sure how she died but I've heard some horrible rumours that my dad allowed her to die, he didn't protect her or something." He shrugs. "But my brother Kyle, my dad absolutely adored him and he absolutely hated me."

I frown at his words. "I don't know what it was about my brother that made my dad infatuated with him, maybe the fact he was older, stronger than me." A jagged sigh escapes his lips and I can tell that this is hard for him to talk about. "I dunno but everything I did was never as good as Kyle."

"Don't get me wrong I loved my brother, I loved him to bits but when he died my dad completely took it out on me. Kyle drowned whilst trying to save one of my dads pack members. Ever since, my dad looks at me and thinks 'worthless'." My eyes watch as Caleb's face falls as he speaks, I wouldn't want him to ever believe his dads bullshit words.

Sadness flows into my body just like that time his dad came to his pack house and showed him up in front of everyone. Caleb was never one to show his emotions, so for me to feel them inside my body was something that made me feel so connected to him.

"After my brother died I kind of hated him because of what my dad would say to me, I used to wish I was the one to die instead so I didn't have to suffer his stupid emotional abuse constantly." Caleb's eyebrows are pulled into an angry frown as he talks.

I reach up to gently cup the side of his jaw and run my thumb up and down his skin. He turns to look at me after a few moments. "Your dad is a piece of shit and you don't deserve that." I say harshly.

Caleb nods at me. "I know," he says quietly as his eyes fall down to his body, avoiding my gaze.

"He's dangerous and he's not afraid to do whatever he wants, I'm convinced that if I crossed a line with him that he would kill me. He has no remorse, he has no emotions, he's an evil man that has too much power and it terrifies me." Caleb's are still focused on his stomach and I can almost see them glisten with tears. I watch him for a few moments before he purses his lips. "I just have to pretend that everything is fine between us because he's such a fucking asshole that he could ruin my whole life."

"Is that why you don't want to tell him about us?" I ask softly.

Caleb nods and nods. "I have no idea what he'd do if he found out that I was gay or if he knew that we are mates. I'm not ready to find out and I know I should stand up to him but if I can have you to myself now in peace then I'm going to keep it that way."

"Okay," I say. "I can respect that. Thank you for telling me."

Caleb smiles towards me but I can tell it's not a happy smile, his brain is working over time thinking about everything he's just said to me.

"We really do have a lot more in common than I thought," I comment. "I feel like we understand each other, each other's pain and our experiences."

"You're right pups," Caleb leans forward and kisses my lips. "You're so right and I'm so glad that I have you."

"Me too," I hum against his soft plump lips.

"That girl you saw me with at my dads function," his eyes stare right into mine.

"Yeah?" My voice dips.