Chapter 4: Nightmares & Daydreamers

("After writing the previous chapter, I had a craving for Mac & Cheese, so I made some from scratch. It's so good" *shoves a spoonful of cheesy goodness in to my mouth* )

Bendy was having a nightmare, one of those awful dreams where he knew he was dreaming and couldn't wake up, the ones that felt so vividly real he forgot he was asleep.

The hallway walls were closing in on him, the door moving further and further away from his outstretched hand. The posters of him on the walls laughed and jeered at his futile efforts to flee. Joey was running after him, angry and mean "GET BACK HERE, BENDY DREW! YOUR MINE! AND YOU'LL ALWAYS BE MINE! YOU CAN'T ESCAPE ME!" hands grabbed him around the middle and Bendy screamed, tears running down his face as he struggled in fear.

Henry raced into the bedroom as he heard Bendy's cries and scooped his writhing form off the bed, pulling him into a hug as the demon thrashed and sobbed. Linda watched from the doorway, hand over her mouth in shock as her husband tried to restrain Bendy so he wouldn't hurt himself.

"It's okay Bud, wake up, please, you're safe, you're safe, come on, wake up for me, it's okay" Henry whispered, gently rocking him in the hopes it would settle the distressed demon down. Bendy's struggling eventually seized as he woke.

After a few deep breaths he realized that the arms that had grabbed him weren't Joeys, but Henry's, and that they weren't hurting him, only holding him. The demon buried his face in to Henry's shirt, his heart pounding in his chest.

"I'm s-sorry, I'm so sorry" Bendy sobbed. "It's okay, you're okay" Henry soothed. They sat like that for a few minutes, and Bendy wasn't afraid to admit being held was comforting. Henry's fingers were kneading away gently at the fur on top of his head, while the other hand patted his back softly as he sniffled in Henry's arms.

Linda padded over once all the fuss was over, and sat down beside them, gazing down at the ink demon in sadness, poor baby. Bendy looked up as he felt the bed sink down a little "H-Hi" Bendy mumbled. Linda smiled "Hi sweetie, my name's Linda, you must be Bendy, it's nice to meet you"

Bendy stuck out a hand, and the woman chuckled and shook it. "Such a gentleman, now, how about we go eat some breakfast? Yes?" she asked. 

Bendy looked up at Henry for approval and the man nodded "Yes, you too, you need more food" he said.

Bendy smiled and wiped his tears, looking down at inky mess on Henry's shirt from where he had melted during his emotional outburst "I'm s-sorry, I r-ruined your clothes" Bendy cried, great, now Henry was sure to punish him.

But Henry just shook his head. "It's fine. I can just get a new shirt."

"No punishment?" Bendy questioned.

Henry hissed "No, Bendy, I will never, ever hurt you, is that clear? You're safe here."

Bendy hugged him and Henry hugged him back "My little demon darling" he mumbled affectionately, Linda smiled and went to go make them breakfast.

~

Bendy gazed at the scrambled eggs Linda placed in front of him and then looked at Henry, munching away on his own plate. The man smiled and nodded. "Eat up."

Bendy picked up the fork and knife and copied Henry's movements, with much difficulty. 

How does he use these silly things? 

Spoons are so much easier. 

Linda sat down beside him and gently took the knife and fork away from his hands. Bendy felt sad at her actions. She was going to take his food away; he knew it. Bendy pulled his plate closer to himself, in case she took that too, knowing full well the defiance would get him punished.