Beta! Nagito Komaeda: Deepest Despair

A/N: This is a continuation from "Part of Me". If you have not read that story yet, please do. It won't make sense if you don't. Thank you.
————————————————————————
Three months felt like seconds as he woke up from a restless sleep. The room was all white from the floor to the walls. He felt like an empty shell of his former self. He was alive, but he wasn't living. It was his choice for the sake of the future. Despite that, however, he felt something strange: a warm feeling of calmness and relief.

"Nagito...yeah, that's right." He spoke with a raspy voice. He sat up and got dressed in his usual attire, but he didn't put his hood up. Looking in the mirror, he saw a man with dark rings under his eyes and white hair was messier than usual. On the positive side, his skin had a bit more colour and a soft smile was etched on his face.
————————————————————————
"Do you think he will recover?" Kyoko Kirigiri asked, looking out the window where she could see into Nagito's room. "Just because your experimental therapy managed to help our cause, it managed to destroy part of his personality."

"Yes...for that, I understand your concern." A figure replied, sitting down. "I have done my research, Miss Kirigiri. All I did was simply was replace the personality with something 'useful'."

Byakuya crossed his arms in disapproval. "I can seriously doubt that you found the cure for multiple personality disorder."

"Don't you think it is best that he lived his life, not reliving such disturbing memories?" The figure stood up. "I can tell you that it is only temporary. Just until we can find a suitable candidate for his treatment."

Makoto remained silent as he remained at his desk, looking over the files given to him. Nagito's 'other half' did enlighten them on some key information on the rest of the Ultimate Despair, but it used up a lot of the body. By time everything was said, he went comatose for a few weeks. Nagito woke up, remembering nothing of his years at Hope's Peak it Jabberwock Island.

"Temporary or not, this is a human being we are talking about." Makoto finally said. "He has no memories whatsoever. Even if we released him, he won't be able to survive."

"Also, for the record, keeping him longer here is out of the question." Kyoko added. "The board has asked that we allow the higher-ups to finish off this case once and for all."

"I concur. Wasting your time on someone whose been dead for seven years is truly appalling." The figure replied. "Besides, there are far more pressing matters that require your attention."

"Not to step out of line, but if my associates are finished, you can leave now. Your services are no longer required." Byakuya barked out, making the figure laugh.

"Oh, we'll see." The figure snidely remarked before exiting the office.
———————————————————————
Later that day, Makoto decided to talk to Nagito for a final check-up. He was uncertain if his memories were truly gone or just deeply repressed. The stranger, recommended by the higher-ups, knew his way around psychological trauma. However, there was a lot of scrutiny after reading reports of patients being unresponsive or completely out of character.

Knocking on the door to Nagito's room, he could feel eyes watching him from every angle. Despite his protests, Kyoko insisted that he didn't do this interview on his own. She was just as cynical as he was when it came down to the figure, but that was her former talent. Being a deceive was all she knew how to do. Makoto had more a human aspect in his work. That was one of the reasons why he didn't give up on Class 77-B in the first place.

The door opened, revealing Nagito pushing his glasses up the bridge of his nose.

"Good afternoon, Naegi." He greeted calmly as he stepped aside to let his guest in.

"How are you feeling? I know we just did this yesterday, but given the time we are allowed-"

"I am aware of the problems with keeping me here." Nagito stated. "I am fine, Naegi. No bad memories have popped up as of yet, but I am remembering my fellow classmates now."

Makoto gave a sigh of relief. "That's wonderful. I can get Hajime to pick you up tomorrow to bring you home if you are feeling well enough."

He nodded silently before turning to sit on his bed. "I guess it is finally over, huh? Junko's dead and everyone is getting the help they deserve."

"If it wasn't for your noble sacrifice, we wouldn't have got this far." Makoto replied. "Though the method was a bit...unorthodox."

"I'll say..." He chuckled grimly. "You know...he kept on talking about his other patients with me...well, mainly one."

"Huh?"

"He kept on saying something about this 'Ultimate Academy for Gifted Juveniles'...and how some people were going to 'create despair'."

Makoto's heart dropped as he soon remembered what the figure said earlier. 'That son of a bitch...was testing on innocent people. Creating false memories...creating despair.'

"I know that you are concerned, but we cannot say anything." Nagito warned him. "For all I know, it could be just speculation. He's sadistic, yes, but he could be spitting up bullshit to rile the Foundation up."

Makoto felt his hands tremble in anger, but kept his cool. Knowing that he was being watched, he had no choice but to play dumb. "What happens now?"

"We wait. When the time comes, we will be ready." Nagito replied. "In the meantime, I can do some digging."

"You need to rest, Nagito. Keep your strength and regain some of your memories." Makoto said. "I appreciate your willingness to help, but it is like you said...it could be just speculation."

Nagito smirked and shrugged. "Too true. However, just know that Class 77-B has your back. All you have to do is call, okay?"

The two men shook hands and the deal was sealed.

"Take care of yourself, Nagito. You are a good man." Makoto said as he let go and headed to the door.

"Same to you...be careful, Naegi." He replied as he lied down on the bed.
————————————————————————
Meanwhile, the figure was waiting at a corner stop sign, bracing the cold winds. A black car drove and parked in front of him. The very tinted window rolled down to reveal a woman with dark sunglasses and very dark purple lips smirking.

"Well, Junko's case is closed. I am sure the mastermind will be pleased." The figure said, before turning his attention to the trunk. "I assume you found him?"

"Why don't you look for yourself?" The woman challenged as she unlocked the trunk. The figure walked by and opened it with a quick flip. Inside was a young man bound and gagged in the fetal position. His avocado green hair was matted with sweat, his face covered with bruises and cuts, and his clothes ripped and dirtied with blood and soot.

"MMPPH!" The boy tried to scream the moment he saw the figure. He struggled in order to attempt an attack, but the figure immediately shut the trunk door. He could still hear his muffled screams as he returned to the window.

"Head over to the Academy. We'll see how long our 'little intruder' lasts in despair." The figure ordered as he nodded. The window rolled back up and the car drove off. The figure watched as the back taillights faded away into the foggy streets.
————————————————————————
To Be Continued...

A/N: Ooh! What is this? A cameo from a V3 character? Conspiracy to create despair? What a twist...;)

Happy New Years everyone! :)

LunaKirby64