Beta! Komahina: Turning a New Petal

This is dedicated to EternalKibo, one of my friends and a huge fan of this pairing and Nagito himself. Thanks for being one of my first readers and supporters. It means a lot.
————————————————————————
As Hajime and Nagito were concerned, their futures were very uncertain. One was in the Reverse Course and the other got in by a lucky draw. In basic terms, no talents to get them into a career.

The city was bustling with people as the two boys walked side by side to find a job. After all, they had just graduated and they wanted to get their own places.

"What about a florist?" Hajime asked, pointing to a small, but quaint boutique. "You can be handy and creative."

"Don't push your luck, Hinata." Nagito growled, pulling his hood up. "You know I cannot handle that kind of stress."

"Well, what can you do? Office work?" Hajime sighed. "I know that you have your mental issues, but you need to try something."

"Well..." Nagito looked away, muttering. "Whatever you do, I do. It-it would be better if w-we worked together..."

"Aww." Hajime gushed. "That's the sweetest thing you have ever said." That earned him a punch in the arm. "I'm kidding!"

"Hmm." Nagito grunted, blushing. "Can we get something to eat first? I...didn't eat breakfast this morning..."

"Yeah, I guess I could get a bite. Besides, I wanna check up on something." Hajime agreed as the two of them went to a nearby fast food joint.
________________________________
Nagito sighed as he looked through the window. He had already finished his meal and was waiting on Hajime who had just gone to the washroom.

'What sort of job can a guy like even get?' Nagito thought. 'Who would anyone with just the quality of both lucky and unlucky?'

Hajime sat down next to his boyfriend and kissed him on the cheek. "Hey, I'm back."

"Huh?" He looked over, inches away from Hajime's face. He then pushed him away, causing the latter to laugh.

"You are such a nervous goose." Hajime said, wiping tears off his cheek. Nagito groaned at the witty remark. "Hey, I'm joking."

"I know that...I am just not in the mood."

"Nagito? What's wrong?" Hajime cooed, causing Nagito hide his head with his hoodie.

"If you could stop acting like a big baby, I will explain." Nagito hissed, causing Hajime to raise his hands in self defence. "Okay, I am very concerned. What can I do job wise? I mean, I am not mentally stable, I have no talent-"

"Neither do I. That's why we will be trained. We will take it one step at a time, Nagito. Don't panic." Hajime explained, taking his hands.

"Yeah..." Nagito looked out the window again, his eyes caught sight of the florist shop. 'Seems okay to handle, I guess.'

Hajime followed his glance and understood what he wanted. "You know, if you want, I can apply with you."

"Huh? Really?"

"Why not? Any job would help out a lot. Besides, I get to spend more time with you."

"Don't. You. Start."

Hajime laughed as the two boys took their trash and threw it away responsibly. They left the restaurant with a cool breeze hitting them straight in the face. The sun was out and their futures were looking bright.
———————————————————————
The old lady that ran the florist shop was more than happy to hire both of them immediately.

"You boys are so thoughtful just like my late husband. I was afraid of shutting this place down because of my poor health." She explained. "We have been selling flowers here for almost 30 years now."

"That is amazing, Mrs. Watashi." Hajime complimented. "You see, my boyfriend and I thought this place would give us a good start in our lives."

She chuckled. "I am glad I am able to help out a young couple in love. Who knows? I may leave this store to you boys when I pass on."

"Oh, that's..." Nagito hesitated. He didn't plan on staying at the store forever, but he also didn't want to offend her.

"I'm just kidding." She laughed while patting Nagito's knee. "I still got some life left in these old bones."

While she tended to the plants, Nagito and Hajime would handle the cleaning and transactions. On occasion, they would help out with watering whenever Mrs. Watashi felt too tired.

A few weeks went by and the two boys were sitting on the front step of the store. Saving up their money, they were on their way to be more independent. It was even better for Nagito, who had gotten more confident with himself.

"Do you think that we could take over this place?" Hajime asked.

"Dude...this isn't yours to own." Nagito sighed. "I mean, I love Mrs. Watashi like she was my own grandmother...but don't forget. She has family who could inherit it."

"You're such a downer." Hajime groaned, pushing his boyfriend. "Then again, you do have a point. If that is the case, why not make our own store?"

Nagito looked at him confused. "What? Our on florist shop?"

"Why not? Yes, it will take a lot of hard work, but from the way we are handling ourselves here...don't you see a future? It sounds way better than being stuck in an office."

Nagito began to have visions of the two of them standing at a little store of their own. His heart fluttered at the beautiful image. He was so distracted that he didn't notice Hajime placing a hand over his.

"Planning to put me out of business, eh?" Mrs. Watashi cackled, scaring both of them back to their senses.

"No! Don't be ridiculous." Hajime stuttered, making the woman laugh.

"I'm just kidding. I think the two of you are switching personalities." She commented while placing down a tray of lemonade.

"Oh, thank you, but you didn't need to do this." Nagito said kindly.

"Think nothing of it. Besides, this is my way of showing you my gratitude. If you two lovebirds didn't come in to my shop, I would've been done for." Mrs. Watashi said with a smile.

"Well then..." Hajime cleared his throat, picking his glass to prepare for a toast. "Here's to a wonderful friendship."

The three of them clinked their glasses as the sun began to set down.
———————————————————————
The End