Beta! Hinanami: The Proposal

Requested by nqcmii. I have been planning on writing this, but now I feel I should use this as part of her request. Thank you again for that. :)
________________________________
All day, he surfed the internet, struggling to get inspiration. 'How do they do it?' He thought to himself.

He had been dating Chiaki for four years now and he felt like it was time to pop the question. However, he didn't want this to be super over the top, but he wanted his friends involved. Also, he hated the idea of copying ideas from other guys. It was their special moment, not his.

"Attention patrons. The library will be closing in five minutes." The intercom system reminded him how much time had went by.

He sighed, logging out of the computer and putting his notebook away in his bag. At this point, he felt smashing his head against the wall. Any spark of an idea would have helped, even if it meant self inflicted head wounds.

As he exited the building, he felt his phone going off. Looking at the caller ID, he groaned. It was Nagito, probably wanting to yell his ear off. Hajime answered as calmly as he could.

"Do you want to explain yourself?" Nagito immediately asked.

"I'm fine and how are you doing?" Hajime asked in a sarcastic tone.

"Don't give me that, Hinata. You wanna tell me why I found wedding magazines in your room?" He asked.

"What the hell were you doing in my room?" Hajime screamed, making people look at him confused.

"Does it really matter right now?" Nagito sighed. "You are avoiding my question...wait a minute."

"What are you doing?" Hajime asked as he heard rustling noises on the other side. "HEY! Get out of my stuff!"

The rustling stopped after a brief moment. "Oh my God." Nagito uttered. "Hajime...you wanna propose to Chiaki?"

"..." Hajime sighed, knowing he had been found out. "Fine...yes, I want to propose."

"Don't you think you are overdoing this? I mean, there is a difference between research and obsession." Nagito warned.

"I just want to make this special." Hajime argued.

"Who the hell cares? She said yes, right?"

"What?"

"When you asked her on that first date, she said yes. When you asked if she would be her girlfriend, she said yes." Nagito reminded, bringing back sweet memories for Hajime. "You really think that after all this time thatshe would say no?"

"I just...what if she isn't ready? What if she says no?"

"Trust me. I think you guys are ready. I mean, you survived a killing game together. What could more dangerous than that?"

"Nagito..." Hajime groaned. "Now is not the time for jokes."

"Killjoy." Nagito muttered before resuming. "I mean it, though. You guys have been through so much. I know that the two of you are ready."

Hajime smiled. "Okay...can you help me with this? If having wedding magazines is overkill, surely you know how to propose to someone."

"No, but I have an idea."
________________________________
A few days later...

"Hajime, I am surprised that you wanted to come here for a date." Chiaki grinned as they arrived at a game centre.

"I would figure that going to a outside mini golf  course would be too much." Hajime chuckled. "Besides, Nagito told me you have been wanting to come here for a long time."

"That is the last time I am talking to him." Chiaki scoffed, jokingly.

The two of them entered the centre and spent the entire afternoon playing games, and earning tickets to redeem prizes. From time to time, Hajime would watch his girlfriend focus on the lights. His hands were sweaty and his heart was pounding out of his chest.

"Hajime? Are you feeling okay?" Chiaki asked, during their lunch break. "You have acting nervous lately."

"Really? Oh..." Hajime winced. "Sorry about that. I just have a lot of things on my mind lately."

"Hmm? Do you want to talk about it? You know I don't like it when you're stressed." Chiaki asked, taking his hand.

"Well..." Hajime thought it over while looking around the crowded area. "Maybe we should talk outside. It's kind of hard to hear anything."

"Oh, okay." Chiaki said, deflated.

Hajime saw this and began to hesitate. "On second thought, maybe we can stay here. I don't want to upset you."

Chiaki shook her head. "I'm okay. I know I can always come back...it's just that...I wanted to try one more game."

"Alright. Where is it?" Hajime agreed, and she pointed to a pink booth with a spinning diamond ring on top. Immediately, he thought about his proposal. He subconsciously touched his back pocket where he kept the the ring box.

"It's a photo booth. It looks like a romantic looking one...I think." Chiaki said.

"Well, at least they knew what they were going for." Hajime wheezed our before she took his hand and dragged him over.
________________________________
That evening, Nagito and Hajime were having a conversation on the phone.

"So...did it work?" Nagito was immediate to address the elephant in the room."

"It did, actually." Hajime admitted, as he looked at the photo strip. The top two featured Hajime and Chiaki goofing around. The third shows Hajime proposing his ring to a very surprised Chiaki and the last one capturing their kiss.

"Congratulations, Hinata. I told you you were worrying too much." Nagito remarked.

"Yeah, well...wait until Chiaki talks your ear off about wedding plans...best man?" Hajime asked in a odd way. Nagito laughed.

"Yeah, yeah. I'll do it since I know you'll be a mess if I don't." Nagito accepted. "I just pray that Kishiko can handle being maid of honour."

"What makes you think that it will be her?"

"Gut instincts, Hinata. Gut instincts."

The two of them laughed it off. Hajime could still feel his heart pounding hours after she said yes. It was the most incredible feeling and he never wanted to let it go...for the rest of their lives.
_______________________________
The End.

A/N: WOO! I got it done! I am so sorry for the long wait. What did you think about Hajime's proposal? What kind of wedding would they have? Oooh, so excited to write that one!

Until next time,
Luna