Goodbye, Cinderella: Alternative Ending Three

And now, for the final alternative ending to Goodbye, Cinderella: Chiaki hooks up with both boys!
———————————————————————
"Hey, Ibuki?" She looked up at her classmate.

"Hmm?" She replied, not even looking back.

"Remember when you and Akane were discussing who I should be dating?" A blush crept onto her face. "D-do you think I should...date either Nagito or Hajime?"

Ibuki shrugged. "Why not?" She smiled before continuing, "I mean you can be with whoever you want. Why should I tell you who to pick?"

"That's just it, Ibuki...I can't pick between them. They both have their flaws, but they fight for what they believe in. How can I choose? I am in love with both of them." Chiaki felt dread in her heart.

"All I can say is...just talk to them." Ibuki advised. "There is only so much girls know about the opposite sex. The only way to break that ice is to confront it head on."

She stood up, dusting herself off. "It is better than sitting here doing nothing, I guess."

Ibuki nodded as she stood up as well. "It is. No one likes to see a loner. Whatever happens, just know that I'll always be your friend. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a takoyaki eating contest with Akane and I am not losing that."

Chiaki laughed and waved goodbye. She had no idea where she was going to go, but it is better moping. 'I shouldn't be sad...I mean it is a festival.' She thought to herself. Little did she know, tears were falling down her cheeks. 'Why am I crying?'

Unbeknownst to her, Hajime and Nagito just happened to walk past her. Not surprisingly, they grew concerned.

"Chiaki? Are you okay?" Hajime called out, but she didn't hear him. All they heard was her muttering to herself, crying. Then, she stopped dead in her tracks before falling to her knees. "Chiaki!"

The boys ran over to her, who was sobbing in her head in her hands. The once happy and pure girl was lost in her own tears. Hajime and Nagito had no idea what to do.

"I'll kill the son of a bitch who did this." Nagito seethed, before Hajime grabbed his shoulder.

"Keep your cool, hotshot. Let's just take her back to the hotel. She could be tired of walking in that heavy kimono." Hajime suggested. As they got close, she snapped and pushed them away.

"Stay away from me!" She screamed. "Don't...look at me!" Putting her hands in her head, she began to take deep breaths in and out, but shakily.

"Nanami...we should sit down somewhere cool." Nagito suggested. "You may be overheating. Possibly a sun stroke."

"No...it's not that...I'll get up." Chiaki finally said normally. She did just that, though a little wobbly. "I shouldn't have acted out of line. I apologize."

"There is no need to apologize. Maybe we can help you." Hajime responded as the three of them walked over to a shady area. Chiaki's face was all red from crying, so Nagito grabbed a tissue for her. "What happened?"

"I...I was just talking to Ibuki...and then...I got sad." She replied, not looking at them.

"Did she hurt you? If so, I'll give her-" Nagito got angry, but was restrained by Hajime. Chiaki saw this and touched Nagito's hand.

"She didn't do anything wrong, honest."

"Then why were you upset? It's hard for us to help if you don't say it." Nagito groaned.

"Stop it, Nagito!" Hajime yelled. "There's no need for that!"

Chiaki watched in silence as the two bickered on. The tears began to fall again as her heart ached.

"Please stop it! Both of you! Why do you do this yourselves!?" Chiaki pushed them apart, surprising them. "I don't want you guys fight...it hurts..."

"What hurts? Nagito and I bicker all the time." Hajime explained. "It isn't anything new."

"My heart...I hate to see...the people that I love fight." Chiaki finally admitted, much to her own surprise. 'The people I love..?' She gasped, realizing the truth. She was in love with both Hajime and Nagito.

"Nanami?" Nagito placed a hand on her forehead. Suddenly, she crashed her lips onto his, making both men jump up. Hajime couldn't believe what he was seeing: his two dear friends making out.

She broke apart from Nagito, who was still in a dazed state and went for Hajime. She sat on his lap, combed her fingers through his hair, and captured his lips. He had no idea what to do, but soon, the passion consumed him and deepened the kiss.

Soon, she stopped and giggled. She grabbed Nagito's hand and dragged him closer to them. "I love you both...like 'boyfriend/girlfriend' love."

"Huh? T-the both of us?" Nagito muttered in utter shock. "Is that even a real thing?"

Hajime just stared at Chiaki and then to Nagito. After processing it, he began to understand. So, he decided to kiss Nagito on the lips, scaring the white haired boy. It was short, but sweet.

"I agree with Chiaki. It will be difficult at first, but I think we can do this relationship." Hajime said, letting Chiaki lie her head in his shoulder. "What about you, Nagito?"

He couldn't say anything. His mind was already too boggled with Chiaki's odd confession. Now that Hajime kissed him, he felt dizzy. His emotions were tangled up and his heart was beating too fast to calm down.

Chiaki reached out a hand to him. "It's okay...we'll take it slow..."

Nagito hesitated, but accepted it. He laid down on her lap as she combed her fingers through her hair and began to hum. In a way, it soothed him. Hajime took Nagito's hand and clasped it tight. After that, he felt that this was right; he was in love with them too. Pretty soon, all three had fallen asleep as the fireworks display started. It was the most peace and quiet they had in ages.
———————————————————————
The End

A/N: Woo! All done!

Oh, check out my Beta Memories spin-off: The Tactician now available on my page.