𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑻𝒓𝒖𝒕𝒉

Start from the beginning

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:⠀ *⋆

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:⠀ *⋆.*:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: .⋆

Max gasped, shaking her head, and Hattie was speechless, "Hattie- Hattie, did you see it?" Max asked her, Hattie was struggling for something to say, she was confused and hurt.

"Yeah... I did, I did, Max," Hattie whispered, she was terrified, "I want to go home, Max... Nathan, where is Nathan?" She started to panic, her body was numb but she could feel the tingles of panic racing through her.

"I don't know, Hattie... Just- let's stay calm, it's obvious that Jefferson is very dangerous, so, we have to get out of here before he comes back."

Hattie started to cry, she never felt this type of fear before, she always thought she was so headstrong and fearless, but, right now, it was all different, she wasn't strong, "Max- Max, I don't want to die, I need to find Nathan, Jefferson probably hurt him!"

"Hattie, listen to me, I have a plan."

"Max, I'm scared- I'm so scared..."

"I know- I know, I am too... We don't have time to be scared, we have to fight back, now. Do it for Nathan..."

"I can't move... How can I fight?" Hattie was in a sobbing mess at this moment, Max was feeling sympathetic towards her, she didn't want to see her like this, "I'm supposed to be strong- but, I'm not... Look at me! Nathan dosed Kate, he wanted to be like- like fucking Jefferson, she tried to kill herself, she's in the hospital!"

"Kate wants us to get the hell out of here, then we can go see her, okay?" Max did everything in her power to comfort Hattie and tried to calm her down so they could work on getting out of here, "We will escape, I promise."

"I... I believe you, Max, I trust you..."  Max sat there trying to think of a way to get free and get Hattie untied. Hattie was struggling to catch her breath as she sobbed, Max looked down at her, trying to shush her so she would calm down, "Max, I could have helped Kate, if I knew what was going on, I could have taken that video down and gotten Nathan help, I almost killed her, it was me!"

"No- Hattie, you didn't do that, don't say that!" Max was going through her process trying to figure out what to do, she mumbled to herself, "We are not dying here, what can I do..." She noticed another photo on the trolley, "Perfect, I am more awake in this photo, this might be the one, Hattie prepare yourself, I'm going to focus on this one, we will hopefully learn more, I think we're more awake this time."

"Do it, Max, hurry," Hattie pleaded with her, Max began to focus on the photo, causing Hattie's world to go fuzzy.

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:⠀ *⋆.*:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: .⋆

Max's Second Focus

Max was now tied up to the chair at this point in time, Hattie was still laid on the floor, Jefferson was taking photos of Max from behind his camera that he had mounted on a tripod, "I've been getting some spectacular images here, guys... Oh, Victoria would kill to be in one of your places, she just doesn't understand our connection, Max, you are a winner, Hattie, you are a perfect specimen, no wonder Nathan calls you flower... You stay so still, so perfect," Jefferson said as he clicked a shot, a flash lit up the room.