𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑻𝒓𝒖𝒕𝒉

Start from the beginning

Mr. Jefferson was busy at work, he took many different photos of the two girls and posed them, Hattie started to cry, Max was whimpering and tried to move once again, this angered Mr. Jefferson even more, he started to shout, "Oh, Max, you fucked up my shot!" He shouted at her, he took a step away from her, looking down at Hattie, "Don't you two worry, though, we have all the time in the world..." He took notice of the tear that was rolling down her cheek, "Is that a tear? Perfect expression, Flower," Jefferson called her what Nathan always called her, this caused her mind to scramble, she cried, even more, she felt hopeless. He shot a few pictures of this then brought his focus back onto Max, "Oh, Max, I knew you were special the second I saw your first 'selfie' yes, I still hate that word, but, I love the purity of your own image," He stood over her, focusing his camera, "Not like Rachel, who was always looking in the wrong places... Poor Rachel," He bent down, angling his camera, "Wait, let me try this angle." He kept walking back and forth, "Don't move, you two... This is a perfect chance for a group shot," He snapped a photo of the two of them, laying there, motionless. He walked over to his lights, fixing them before he slid the girls closer to one another, positioning them just how he wanted them, "Oh, much better..."

He snapped a handful of photos, smiling as he took them, "If only Nathan could see this setup," He looked down at Hattie as he said this, "He tried so hard, Hattie, but... You can't just throw a few subjects around and expect a cohesive style or theme," He got onto his knees, moving Hattie's face to look up at him, "He had an eye for shadows, and an eye for you, Hattie. And a whole lot more than that, as his elite family will find out... Along with Arcadia Bay." He went to position her shoulders now, "It's too bad that Max is so goddamn nosy, huh, Hattie?" He let out a laugh, standing fully up now, walking to Max, "This room is under 24/7 surveillance, so all I had to do was text you from Nathan's phone and you fell right into my hands... Oh, Max, you should have focused on schoolwork, not private detecting with you little... Friend."

Max spoke up, her voice was weak and shaky, "Chloe," She whispered and Mr. Jefferson smiled at her once she spoke.

"Chloe! Right... Oh, I'm sorry that I killed- that Nathan killed her in self-defense, but she had a troubled history like most Arcadia Bay dropouts... Nobody will be surprised, or care. Though, I promise... People will care if you two die tonight... Max, I wasn't lying when I said you have a gift," Hattie let out a small whimper, he was pinning this all on Nathan. She couldn't let it happen. "Hattie, don't you worry, just a few more close-ups," He was trying to take photos of Max, but she moved her head, "Please, do not move so much, Max, be more like Hattie, still and quiet! I need you posed and framed my way." He stood up and away from her, "Maybe a new dose will calm you down."

"No... no..." Max said in whimpers, she struggled to lift herself off the ground.

Jefferson walked away, filling a syringe with a drug from a vial, "No, Max, do not move, or this will hurt..." Max kicked his trolley, this caused the vials to fall to the ground, one of them broke, spilling over a folder that fell as well, Jefferson stepped back quickly as this happened, "Stupid bitch!" He shouted in anger, "You just don't listen, do you?" He started to threaten her, "In fact, you never did hear much in my class... Same with you, Hattie. You guys could have seen it coming!" He rubbed the back of his head, calming himself down, "Goddamn, Hattie, have I had my eye on you... You too, Max. I have noticed that you have been more fearless this week than maybe your whole life..."

Max started to struggle as he neared her, "No," She mumbled quietly.

"Remember my number one rule," He spoke as he neared her with the needle, "Always take the shot," He injected the contents of the needle into her neck, she struggled and cried out as this happened, Hattie watched as she went limp and unconscious, he then eyed Hattie, "Your turn, just as a precaution..."