Part 20- I love you, even if you hardly change your underwear.

Vanessa Pov-

"What's got you so tied up?" Tom asked nervously, drilling his hands against the steering wheel.

"Can I trust you Tom?" I whispered trying not to let my voice crack. "You know you can, you're my friend; no matter what's going on, you can trust me!" Tom smiled reassuringly, still concentrating on wherever he was driving to.

"Nathan proposed to me." I whispered, closing my eyes. The car suddenly jolted and I instantly opened my eyes too see Tom staring directly at me, his mouth parted. "Tom keep your fucking eyes on the road! Can you even drive?" I panicked as he got dangerously close to the car in front of him.

"It's Lewis's car, I had to borrow it so Max could drive to Emma's when she dropped the bombshell." He blushed, slowing down carefully. "And no I can't fucking drive but I think I'm doing a bloody good job!" The tone of his voice changed as we came up to some traffic lights, banging his hand dramatically against the steering wheel he let out a frustrated groan.

"Tom?" I asked timidly. "Did you say yes?" He asked with no emotion in his voice. Although his hands were beginning to turn a light shade of white as he clenched them around the steering wheel.

"I didn't give him an answer, he didn't want an answer." I blushed. "What's he playing at..." Tom whispered to himself as the traffic lights turned green. "Are you angry?" I asked shyly as Tom parked the car into one of the spaces within the hotel car park. The rest of the duration to the hotel was almost in complete silence. The only noise that I'd heard inside the car for the last ten minutes was the sound of Tom drumming his fingers annoyingly against the headboard with an emotionless expression.

"No, I'm just thinking..." He sighed turning around to face me. "I'm trying to understand some things." His eyes squinted as though he was searching for something inside his head when his eyes dropped towards my face. "Oh fuck Nessa, you look scared shitless!" He whispered sadly. "How you feelin?"

"I don't know how to feel!" I choked. "Nathan's awake and fine, so I guess I should be happy? Jay's hurt and still in love with me, so I feel angry at myself for leading him on for song long, but sad that I don't have enough feelings for him. And then I'm scared, scared by Nathan's proposal." I explained to him, panicking as I searched Tom's eyes for reassurance. "I'm not ready to commit to someone like that! I'm still young, I've got to sort everything out, do something with my life before I could even dream of marrying someone!" I fussed ridiculously. I hadn't realised I was crying until Tom leaned over the clutch to wipe my eyes with his jumper sleeve.

"It'll get better babe." He whispered softly, he shuffled himself so that he was in a comfortable position and pulled me into a comforting hug. "And if it doesn't, you know you'll always have me, Emma and bump!" He kissed the top of my head and continued to hug me as I cried out my emotions into his chest feeling drowsy as the previous nights of restless sleep caught up with me.

*

I felt a cold draft blowing over my body, groaning, I stretched my legs out. "Shhh." Someone whispered and soon the draft was replaced by another warm body. Sinking back into their chest, I rested my head on their shoulder and lent back, opening my eyes slowly. I found myself cuddling into Nathan, I chuckled when his dark eyelashes fluttered against his cheek. He opened one of his eyes and smirked.

"What are you doing here?" I whispered, fully aware that he should have been in hospital. "The nurse discharged me." Nathan shrugged playfully. "I reckon she fancied me to be honest!" He whispered, his breath tickling the top of my ear.

"What am I doing here?" I asked confused as my cheeks began to burn, having Nathan within such close proximity after his whole 'I want to do things properly' episode was an alien feeling, especially as he'd came that close on his own according and none of it was my doing so.