Part 15- You both look nice for once!

Vanessa Pov-

"What do you mean?" I asked, still shocked with what Jay had said. I was his problem?

"If I hadn't have gotten involved with you, I wouldn't feel like this!" He snapped in frustration, sitting himself up. I jumped back against the head board, random images of when Jay hit Nathan flashed into my head and I began to feel scared of him.

"You've ruined everything me!'' He began, his facial expression much too calm and relaxed for the words flowing from his mouth. "You left and I was fine, I built up a stable relationship, I was never fully happy but it was working for me! But then you came back, for Nathan. It breaks me to see you two so happy!" He shook his head slowly. ''I wish I'd never found out, I'd much rather have been with you, been happy even if you were with Nathan behind my back. That would be so much better  than this.'' He groaned.

"I don't know where this is coming from!" I snapped, throwing my hands into my hair "What about Harley? And Phoebe? Jay what are you going about?!'' I questioned, dramatically sighing towards the end.

"They are just distractions from you.'' Jay shrugged. "It was always you!" I felt a tear roll down my face as he spoke. "Why are you springing this on me now?" I hissed, but my voice came out in nothing more than a whimper as the tears fell down my cheeks.

"Because, I never stopped loving you and it's breaking me inside to see you happy with someone else! I love Nathan and I know he doesn't mean too, but its like you're purposely rubbing it in my face! I want you Vanessa, I want you so bad, but I can't!" It took me a while to process Jay's words in as he moved forwards and brushed away my tears, his own cheeks damp.

"Jay I can't-"

"I know, you love Nathan more than you'll ever love me.'' He laughed coldly. "But we could try again?" Jay leaned forwards slowly and my body shut down. I felt his breath against my lips and slowly he moved forwards until his lips hit mine, caressing them slowly with his own whilst I stayed still, in shock. Tears streamed down my face when my body came back to life. Grabbing hold of the back of Jay's head I pulled him closer towards me, deepening the kiss. But then Nathan's face flashed in my head. Everything he'd been through for me and I couldn't do this to him. No matter how much I wanted Jay.

"Jay." I whimpered pushing him away. "I understand.'' Jay mumbled his head dropping as he returned to lying down beside me.

"I tried to hate you, but the more I tried to, the more I loved you.'' He whispered into the darkness. "Did you ever love me?" I kept hold of my breath, thinking over the question. I knew I had to find a way to help Jay move on and although the word that left my lips, it was for the best. But it wasn't how I felt at all.

"No." Jay's expression stayed the same as I said it, and he pulled his covers back over his head, signalling that I should leave. Wiping my eyes with the sleeve of my jumper, I headed to the door and turned to face where he was laying.

"You know, you'll find someone who will love you more than I ever could, someone that will respect you and treat you like you're their world and when you do, you'll look back and think how stupid you were wasting your time on me. I'm not worth it and I do love you Jay, just not in the way you want me too." I placed my hand on the door handle and pulled it down slowly. "You've got to move on.'' I pushed the handle down when Jay sat up again.

"Wait!" He called, standing up and he moved over towards me. Letting go of the handle, Jay walked over towards me until he was inches away from where I was stood. ''You do love me?" He whispered, bending down to look into my eyes. I nodded my head sharply, not trusting my voice.

"But you have to move on Jay.'' I reached up confidently and held his face between my hands and he nodded his head slowly. "I mean it, you've got to fight to push these stupid emotions you're feeling aside and find someone who loves you back as much as you love them!" A small smile spread onto Jay's face. Removing my hands from his face, he entwined them into his and put his forehead softly against mine.