1- Kim Taehyung

The stillness of the air was what woke me up, breaking my consciousness and forcing my eyes to open. Blinking a couple of times to register the fact that I was fully awake and breathing in the warmth of day, my vision cleared as opposed to my swimming view previously.

Having grown accustomed to the shift in my surroundings, I let my eyes settle on what lay in front of me, allowing a smile to grace my face subconsciously until it reached from ear to ear as it always did on mornings like these.

The half-drawn-back blinds had cast a soft glow haphazardly across the room, falling lazily on the gentle face that nestled cozily between the fort of pillows. It was the morning sunshine that warmed his golden skin, and simultaneously my heart at the sheer beauty of him at the first hours of day.

Long and dark lashes fluttered delicately, as though struggling in a semi-awake state, casting shifting shadows across his healthy rosy cheeks, as shallow breaths puffed out of his half-opened mouth, stilled in an almost-provocative pout. The orange hues flickering in his mass of dark hair danced in the light draft coming in from the shutters.

I couldn't help but let my eyes trace over every single visible feature of his---seeing as my fingers couldn't do that without risking waking his worn-down self up---awe consuming my every thought as I began to paint the perfect picture with the vibrant splashes of color his figure was made up of.

A collarbone peeked temptingly from the light covers draped over both our unclothed bodies, urging me to deftly place the tips of my fingers and run it along the prominent bone gently, even if it meant he twitched in his slumber, all for the skin-on-skin contact I worshipped.

I knew it must have tickled him, because a little shiver wracked his body, revealing more tan skin to view and the corner of his lips curling up a little into a sweet sleepy smile. Barely containing my giggles at the sight, I resorted to curling my body against the warmth of his sturdy chest.

At that, a slightly-warmer-than-mine arm slung itself against my waist lazily, seemingly fumbling around for a couple of moments, exploring the terrain, leaving blazing hot invisible marks on my skin, before trailing up, further and further inch by inch, carefully landing on the middle of my back.

A palm gently (but firmly, nevertheless) splayed out against my back, further pressing me against the body I had grown so in love with, slotting my chest against his. Angling my chin up just a little so I could gaze at my captor, it was then that I fell head over heels for the millionth day in a row.

It was there, residing in the honeyed gaze he sent with earnest mahogany eyes. In all honesty, it took all the strength in me not to let out a gasp at the sight of the sun turning those eyes into oceans of swirling chocolate, ever so sweet and indulgent.

No matter how many times I woke up cradled in his arms, I still found awe in the smallest of details concerning him.

"Have you," his voice came out gravely and thick with sleep, so he paused a moment to clear his throat, yawn adorably, and blink twice before trying again, "Have you been up for long?"

Making a non-committal shrug, I let my hand wander up the plane of his chest to rest right above his heart, feeling the odd thump beating reassuringly against my palm, "I might have."

He didn't seem to mind that my voice had come out croaky from lack of use, instead letting a captivating smile paint itself on his bare countenance, perfect teeth on display and causing that fuzzy feeling inside of me to grow endlessly.

"I'm sorry if me sleeping in makes you bored," he apologetically said, his deep voice sounding as though coated in velvet, deft fingers brushing back a loose curl of mine, "Next time, wake me up so I can spend some time with you, alright?"

The heavenly smile never faltering, his palms reached up to cup my cheeks, thumbs delicately brushing at my skin, endearing in the way he did it so subconsciously and yet so thoughtfully.

"I didn't want to wake you up; you looked so peaceful," I admitted bashfully, sure that red was now dancing across my cheeks, causing his eyes to glow with fondness as I spoke, "And I know that's rare for you, Tae."

He didn't speak up in retaliation, but words weren't needed for him to express his gratitude and affection. It was all in the way he let his body relax even more, one hand pulling me by the back, the other hand tugging back mine that was on his chest to lie between us.

Warmth seeped through my bones as he nuzzled into the junction between my shoulder and neck, his long hair eliciting giggles out of me, which were soon turned into hums of affection as his lips pressed loving kisses against the skin there.

I was almost painfully aware of the fact that the blush had probably spread there too, and the heat was certainly not the cause, but the unadulterated love of a certain beautiful man lying in my arms was.

Little imprints of love. That was the only way to describe the sweet kisses he left in his wake, nibbling gently at the skin he found inviting, the softness of his lips and the underlying scent of him causing me to fondly sigh and run my hand repeatedly down his back muscles, hoping to ease some tension out just like he eased out mine with his unembarrassed displays of affection.

Perhaps, of all the millions of things that were so lovable and so bewitching about Kim Taehyung, it was his ability to endlessly show how deeply he cares in the most wonderful, outwards way possible without an ounce of shame or embarrassment. It's another on the endless list of reasons why I found myself so absolutely enraptured by his existence in my life.

The kisses trailed up, as if following a certain path only he knew about, his hand falling once more to caress my hipbone as his lips did the same to my jawline. With a hum of satisfaction, as though he'd reached his final destination, he landed a loud (but still always cute) kiss to my blushing cheek, taking the chance to whisper his prolonged answer.

"I love you."

♡♡♡♡♡