Chapter Nineteen

Começar do início

"Ah, so pretty well then eh?" Kelli winked at her. "Don't be so hard on yourself dear. The third trimester is the most uncomfortable and irritable for the majority of women. It also takes its toll on the husbands too from what I've heard."

"I'll say," Harry grumbled under his breath. Hermione quickly turned her head in his direction. "What was that love?"

"I said I wouldn't have you any other way." He told her cheekily and placed a kiss atop her head.

"Thought so."

"So are we ready to see how these babies of yours are doing this week?" Kelli asked as she placed the cold, blue gel atop Hermione's abdomen.

"More than ever," Hermoine replied as Harry placed a gentle hand on her shoulder and nodded his head in agreement. Kelli smiled warmingly at them as she turned on the ultrasound machine with a flick of her wrist. The three listened as the machine hummed, the once-solid black screen now coming into focus. Kelli moved the tool over Hermione's abdomen, humming to herself as she searched for the babies and their heartbeats.

"Hello, little babe." Kelli cooed as she used her wand, tapping on the screen to have a look at Baby A. All the bitterness of Hermione's weight and swollen limbs were cast aside as she took a look at her baby on the screen. "Oh, Harry look. Our little baby is sucking their thumb!" Hermione cried excitedly, her heartwarming at the sight.

"I'd say he or she is quite comfortable, wouldn't you?" Harry remarked, smiling lovingly as he squeezed his wife's shoulder.

"I'd say Baby A is very comfortable. Heart rate looks good at 130 beats per minute and seems to be measuring at Five pounds six ounces. A healthy little Potter you have here." Kelli assured them before moving her tool over on Baby B. "How are we doing today little one?" No sooner did Kelli move her tool over the baby, did it kick at her. "My oh my, you're a feisty little one aren't you?" She laughed, tapping on the screen to take a snapshot of the wee babe.

"Takes after you already, huh love?" Hermione teased as she looked up at her husband.

"I told you, a football player." Harry winked, earning a slight smack on the arm from Hermione.

"Alright, Baby B's heart rate is 135 beats per minute and from the looks of it measuring a little bit smaller than Baby A at Five pounds." Kelli watched as the parents-to- be wore looks of worry on their faces.

"Is that alright?"

"Is the baby okay?" Both parents spoke in unison, their voices full of concern.

"Hey, easy easy." She told the parents, gesturing with her hands for them to calm down. "It is perfectly normal for one twin to be smaller than the other, I've seen it countless times in my five years as a Healer." Harry and Hermione both blew a breath of hot air at Kelli's words. "Now Hermione, it's time for the uncomfortable part I'm afraid." She told her patient as she pushed back the machine, and sat on her rolling chair. "I need you to scoot your bottom down closer towards me and place your legs in the stirrups so I can check your cervix."

Hermione nodded her head and did as she was instructed. She laid her back against the bed once more and placed the heels of her feet against the stirrups and spread her legs wide. Kelli placed her hands in blue latex gloves and placed a finger inside Hermione's cervix. Hermione bit down on her bottom lip, feeling a small amount of uncomfortable pressure as she felt Kelli's finger move within her.

"Perfect as always. You seem to be at two centimeters dilated but that's normal. I've seen patients stay at two centimeters for weeks until the time came for their babies to be delivered." Kelli told them as she pulled off her medical gloves and tossed them in the trash before washing her hands. "You can sit up now, dear."