Chapter Three

Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter :)

                                                              Chapter Three

         The following morning, Harry had woken up from his slumber much happier than he had been in quite some time. He threw on his sweats as he had done the day before, humming merrily as he descended the staircase and walked into the kitchen. Ron had left a note on the fridge, explaining to Harry that he had already eaten breakfast and left to check inventory before opening Weasley's Wizard Weezey's. Harry pulled out eggs and milk from the fridge, setting the temperature on the electric griddle to medium as he fetched the loaf of bread, vanilla and ground cinnamon.

       He began beating the eggs and whisking in the vanilla, milk and cinnamon then proceeded to dip each loaf of bread into the egg mixture, coating both sides before gently placing the French toast in the griddle, letting them cook until golden brown.

       His thoughts drifted off to last night, his smile growing wider. He couldn't believe Hermione was his fiancée! Never in a million years would he have guessed that he and Hermione would be engaged to one another, but hey things happen for a reason, right? He flipped over the French toast, letting the other side cook. His mind wandered to other things too. Like the way she had smiled at him and the way her eyes shone, and even for a split second the way her mouth felt on his. No less than thirty minutes later, he placed the breakfast on the table, waving his hand as he placed a warming charm on it.

       He poured himself a cup of coffee when Argo appeared at his window once more, the morning edition of The Daily Prophet clutched within his talon. Harry pushed open the window, placing a knut into the pouch tied to the tawny owl's leg as he took the newspaper in his hand, feeding Argo a piece of crisp bacon before taking off into the light blue sky.

       He sipped his coffee as he sat at the table, unraveling the paper when Hermione stepped into the kitchen, already dressed in her robes. "Good Morning, Harry." She greeted, a light blush creeping on her cheeks as she recalled their kiss from the night before. "You made French Toast!"

       "Why of course I did. What kind of fiancé would I be if I didn't cook my future wife her favorite breakfast?" He replied, winking at her as she took her place beside him. Hermione's stomach was in knots, her heart nearly leaping out of her chest as Harry called her his future wife. Her mind drifted off to her dream from last night, of his lips pressed against hers once more. His hands touching her, caressing her petite body as she kissed along the nape of his neck, moaning his name. She could feel the head rising between her thighs as she came back to reality, her cheeks becoming more scarlet. 'Merlin, I hope he kisses me again.'

     "'Mione? You okay?" Harry asked her, his head tilted to the side.

       She shook her head of her trance, giving him her full attention. "Yes, I'm fine." She told him quickly, placing a couple pieces of French Toast on her plate. "Any news today?" She asked him, nodding at the prophet in his hand.

         "Most of what we expected. There are many people calling the ministry a farce and ordering them to abolish the law. Calling it unconstitutional. Although there's quite a bit of engagement announcements, regarding the law." Harry told her in surprise.

     "Really! Like who?"

     "Neville Longbottom and Hannah Abbot, Seamus Finnigan and Parvarti Patil, and-"Harry stopped mid-sentence, his eyes growing wide. Hermione stared at her fiancée, puzzled at which couples' names had him gawking with disbelief. She pushed her chair back slightly, getting up to lean over Harry's shoulder as she peeked at the newspaper.

      "Draco Malfoy and Ginny Weasley!" Hermione shrieked. "Boy, Ron is going to have a field day with that one."

       "I don't doubt it. I'm sure Molly and Arthur are sending at least a dozen Howlers." Harry told her as he folded the newspaper, placing it to the side. Hermione returned to her seat, finishing the last of her breakfast. "So, what day would you like to go to the Ministry to register our engagement?"

       "How about tomorrow? I'm off work so I'd have plenty of time to stop by my parents to tell them the news."

    "Sounds great." Harry told her with a smile. "I'll put in a request to have tomorrow off as well, we can tell your parents together."

      "Harry, that's not necessary. You're still training to become an Auror!" She told him, not wanting him to use one of his personal time off days because of her.

     "Nonsense, Hermione. I'm top of my class and have yet to miss a day of training. It's only right that I go with you to tell your parents, seeing as how in a month's time they will be my in-laws." He told her softly, placing his hand atop of hers.

       Butterflies stirred in her stomach at the touch of Harry's hand on hers, sending shivers down her spine. "Thank you, Harry. That's kind of you." She smiled at him before glancing at the clock. "Looks like best be off." Hermione stood up from the table, placing her dirty dish in the sink. She felt a lean, muscular arm wrap around her waist as she stood at the kitchen sink. She turned around to face, Harry who was staring at her with lust in his eyes. He leaned down, capturing her lips as had done last night. He kissed her softly as he pulled her body closer to him, her arms wrapping around his neck as she kissed him back.

     "Have a great day at work." He told her, before letting her go as he winked at her before aparating away.

       "Damn you, Potter." Hermione grumbled as she pulled herself together. She couldn't help by wonder why suddenly Harry was acting this way towards her. Stealing kisses from her any chance he got, making her favorite breakfast in the morning, agreeing to go with her to visit her parents to break the news of their engagement. Did he harboring the feelings she had for him? Or was it simply because of the marriage law?