Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

Hermione laid atop a brown beach towel, the sun rays kissing her fair skin, turning it a light bronze colour. She inhaled the salty air, listening to the pelican cry as it swooped down into the ocean, collecting dinner. She sighed contley, glad to be away from home for the weekend. Merlin knows she needed a fucking break away from England. Gone were thoughts of the Ministry threatening to send her away, along with the thoughts of her infertility. For now, she was spending much needed quality time with her husband, lover, and best friend in Perth, Australia.

She hadn't the slightest idea why she had decided on Perth when Harry asked where she wanted to go for their anniversary. Perhaps it was because it was where she sent her parents during the war, in hopes of giving them a new life, a fresh start. Maybe this is what they needed, a fresh start.

"Don't you look comfortable?" a humble voice came from beside her. She opened her eyes, pushing herself up by her elbows as she smiled happily at the man before her.

"Very." She told him, leaning her head over to him, placing a kiss upon his lips. Harry grabbed hold of her face with his palm, gently caressing it with his thumb as he lined her bottom lip with his tongue. She obliged, smiling against him as he deepened their kiss. He let his free hand trail down the middle of her back, tucking it between her skin and the bottom of her bikini. Shivers traveled down her spine at his touch, her eyes opening wide as a laugh let loose from her lips.

"Harry James Potter!", She scolded playfully swatting his arm. "There are more than just the two of us on this beach you know."

"Spoil Sport." He grumbled before taking her into his arms, his feet hitting the cold water as he reached the shore line.

"Don't you dare, Harry James!"

"Do what? This?" He asked, faking as if he was about to drop her in the waist deep water.

"Yes, that!" She shrieked, her arms tightening against his neck.

"Aw come on, love. You know you wanna take a swim in the water." He winked, a playful smile resting on his lips.

"Not when it's freezing arse water, I don't. Now, kindly return me to shore and put me down!"

"Fine, fine. Have it your way." He sighed, turning his heels as he began to walk them back to shore as Hermione smiled, pleased that she had won this round. Harry felt her relax against him as she rested her head on his shoulder. A mischievous glint caught in his eye as he quickly tossed her in the water below him, a small scream escaping her lips before plopping into the cold water.

The water felt like ice, piercing her skin as she hit. I'm going to kill him! She thought to herself, her head reaching the surface of the water. She could hear him laughing wholeheartedly as she appeared out of the water, clutching her arms as her teeth chattered together. He was hunched over, wiping the tears off his face.

"Th-Think t-this i-is f-funny d-do you?"

"Aboso-fucking-lutely."He laughed.

"Just you wait, Potter. Revenge is a dish best served cold." He snorted, walking closer to her as to pick her up and carried her out of the water. She snatched her arm away from him, stomping her way out of the freezing water. "I don't think so. I can walk perfectly fine on my own thank you very much."

He watched her stomp off onto the warm sand, plucking her brown beach towel from the ground to shake off the excess sand before wrapping it around her body, in hopes of warming herself. Merlin, he loved her, more than anyone else in his life. He silently prayed to the heavens above for them to spend many more anniversaries together.