Chapter Eight :The Consummation

Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter!

         Hermione stood on the balcony of Castielle Paris, her hands lightly gripping the railing as she shut her eyes, taking in the sounds of the surrounding city. A cool breeze caressed her cheek, her eyes fluttering open as she looked out into the distance, the Eiffel Tower within her sight.

      She had forgotten how beautiful the tower looked at night, the ember lights shimmering in the moonlight, gracing the heart of Paris with it's light. She couldn't wait to show her husband all the wondrous sights she loved as a child, sharing with him her memories from when she was a child.

   'My husband.' She thought silently to herself, a smile protruding on her lips. Her eyes flickered upon the sapphire and diamond wedding band Harry had surprised her with just a few hours before. Never in her wildest dreams had she thought she would end up marrying the man who starred her dreams at night. She inhaled deeply as her mind raced back to the dreams, she'd had of him ever since they shared their first kiss in the living room at Potter Manor.

      The way he caressed her petite figure as he kissed his way down her body, devouring every inch of her. Shivers went down her spine, her heart racing at the mere thought of Harry touching her the way a husband touches his wife. Knots began to form in the pit of her stomach, knowing fully well that those dreams were about to become her reality.

    She could hear his footsteps entering the balcony, his hands resting near hers as he stood at her side.

      "It's beautiful isn't it?" Hermione asked in a gentle voice, her eyes still gazing amongst the city.

      Harry turned his head towards her, watching as the lights of the city reflected upon her. "Very beautiful." He whispered, his eyes gazing over her. She turned her head towards him, her cheeks flushed as she met his gaze, his eyes full of lust.

       "Thank you for everything, Harry. The wedding was perfect." She murmured, caressing his cheek with her right hand. "Although, I wish you wouldn't have spent a lot of money on the engagement ring, it must have cost you a fortune."

      "It was my mother's."

    Hermione's breath hitched in her throat, tears welling behind her eyes. 'He gave me his mother's ring?'

       "Y-you gave me your mother's ring?" She stuttered, her heart warming at the sentiment. "Harry, you didn't have to do that."

      He reached up, placing his hand on hers as he turned into her palm, placing a chaste, tender kiss on it.

        "Anything for you, 'Mione."

         A small quiver traveled down the back of her spine as he kissed her palm. Fire burned within her as she met his gaze. No words needed to be spoken as they silently agreed on what was to come next. He took her hand in his, slowly leading her into their honeymoon suite.

       They stood at the foot of their queen bed as Hermione turned her back to Harry, moving her long, brown locks to the side, giving him full access to her dress zipper. He untied the white, satin sash that clung to her middle, gently tossing it to the floor. He placed his left hand atop her shoulder, while using his right hand to hold the zipper. His hand fumbled with the zipper, his heart pacing nervously. "Shit." He mumbled to himself, cursing under his breath.

      He never had trouble unzipping a dress before, seeing as he had slept with his slew of women over the last two years, but this time... it was different. 'This is Hermione,' he mentally told himself, 'She deserves better than the others. He inhaled deeply, trying to calm his nerves before exhaling, casting out his nerves from his body.