chapter thirty-six: final battle

(Narrator P.O.V) 

Raven and Jake are calling their friends to help them with the battle. Eve, Josh, Adien, Lilith, Willow, Micheala, Felix, Emmett, Michael, Cassandra, Elizabeth, Charity, Selene, and many others. They were either hybrids, vampires, witches, or werewolves. If they were going to take on Daniel, they would need all the help they could get. Currently, in their cabin, they are getting themselves ready to fight. "Okay, everyone, we have brought you all here to help with our minor demon issue. Now we wouldn't have called you all here if it wasn't necessary, but our children's lives are in danger. I understand we are asking a lot, so if you don't want to help us take down Daniel, then we know, but this is going to happen either way. I can't have my children not feel safe that they always have to run. My wife Raven has dealt with this man enough times to know his tricks and moves, "Jake says, looking at them crossing their arms.

The groups begin to train for the fight to end it all. "Now, some of you haven't come face to face with demons before, but they are fast and robust. But not unstoppable. I have dealt with one recently. The best way I have found to kill them is by ripping their heart. That doesn't mean they are easy to kill or fight. You have to be careful, or they will get the upper hand on you and then be dead. Lives will be lost during this battle, but we are going to try to make it just theirs, "Raven says, picking the first pair to train together.

Emmett and Cassandra attack each other with their full strength. Cassandra takes him on with her hybrid powers. Emmett performs a spell to make her go in pain, making her immobile to attack him. "Enough now, Emmett, this is what you need to watch out for." Emmett is a powerful warlock who has been around for a long time. Cassandra hasn't been around as long as he has, so that does make him stronger. That is why I paired them together. The demons we are going up against are ancient, mighty, "Raven says, standing between the two of them. 

"Eve and Josh are up going at each other with everything you got even if you two are together," Jake says, looking at them. 

Josh Eve's mate turns into his wolf form, which is more prominent since he is the alpha. Eve prepares herself to touch the ground to get energy from the earth. As witches always do to gain power, Josh comes at Eve with his entire force, striking her to the ground. But then Eve pushes him to a tree, but not enough to hurt him. Josh gets back up and comes at her, jumping on top of her, showing her his teeth. The Raven comes over and stops it. "Now they will not be expecting that at all if you use your powers like that," Raven says, helping Eve up. 

"Okay, now Jake and I will go," Raven says, going over to the place. Raven changes into her hybrid form, and her witch powers take over her. Jake shows his vampire side that has taken shape and comes at Raven. She dodges his attack and comes at him with a spell to make him freeze where he is. She comes over, putting a hand on his chest. "Now, sometimes age doesn't matter. If you are a hybrid, you are stronger than your enemy. But, because we're going up against demons, these skills we're teaching you are life or death, "Raven says, getting up with her mate.

Raven finishes training, making sure everyone has rested for it again tomorrow. They walked into the cabin, telling everyone where their rooms were. "How are we going to destroy the monsters without becoming them ourselves," Raven said, looking her mate in the eyes. 

"We are not going to become them because this is for a purpose to keep our kids safe. That way, they can have kids, and we can be grandparents, "Jake says, rubbing Raven's shoulders. "Our kids are still alive because of you. We can do this, and now let's get some sleep. We are going to have a long day of training, but first, let's take a shower," Jake continued and got up. 

Raven nods and goes to the bathroom shower with her husband for the first time in a long time. She felt relaxed from anyone coming to get her family. But this safety wouldn't last long as the battle would be coming soon. Raven and Jake take their shower and get ready for bed. They fall asleep as both of their heads hit their pillows at the same time. Raven and Jake wake everyone up in the morning, making breakfast. "Training today will be much harder than yesterday. They are coming. I know they are, so soon the battle will happen," Raven says, looking around as everyone eats their various breakfasts.