6- "Ops, sorry"

"Communicating is the first thing we learn in life. The funny thing is that the more you grow, you learn words, you begin to speak, and the more difficult it is to know what to say or, worse, get what you really want"

《Yes, Daniel, very well. Focus on the braking and let's go and take this podium》

While Mark communicated quite euphorically to his pilot that day they would have conquered a step on the podium, Sophia stood aside in the box, not to mention in a corner, to think that life in formula 1 yes, was and is beautiful, but it was so unfair to travel the world and not be able to visit anything. She who liked to feel a free spirit with wings as big as the dreams she possessed. For her, being a few kilometers from her own town and not having the chance to drop by, she looked like a conspiracy. She was probably exaggerated to think of it but sometimes she felt herself in a golden cage.

《Earth calls Sophia ?! Everything good?》

Rebecca woke her from her thoughts and, perhaps, it was better that way.

《Yes yes, all right. I didn't sleep much tonight and if I could have a bed available I would instantly slam it down》 

he replied before making a big yawn. His colleague laughed out loud. She was used to Sophia's somewhat extravagant personality. He had learned to love her right away because in a world like this, it is increasingly difficult to find women, even more if they are humble and exuberant.

《Soon the race ends and we can all go to bed. Hoping they don't organize the typical post-podium party. You know how much kids care about these things. It's a bit like a superstitious ritual》
《No, it's a bit of a maniac. I'm going to check how it goes》

As he approached the monitors to observe the positions, the first three cars whizzed and crossed the finish line. It's amazing how that red car made her smile on her face. Seeing the name of his friend next to the leader and number 1 made her even more proud. Ah, obviously he also controlled his 'pilots'. Max arrived fourth, great, and Daniel ... THIRD ?! Just at the moment when he realized that this weekend had gone so well, a bottle of champagne had already been uncorked in the box right behind him, so that the noise suddenly made her jump with fright. 

Davide picked her up and swung her around as a sign of victory, Mark took a long sip from the bottle (as if he were practically alone), the mechanics were busy celebrating outside waiting for the cars to arrive under the podium. If all that enthusiasm had been reserved for a third place, if a redbull driver had won the world championship, the whole box would have been razed to the ground. 

From the happiness that infected her colleagues, Sophia ran under the podium waiting for her friend who, when he appeared and jumped on the top step, smiled like he never did. When he spotted his friend in the audience he sent her a flying kiss that was returned by a loud applause from the girl as well as an amazing smile. The other two heroes of the day also arrived: Bottas and Ricciardo. 

The Australian was really excited. After the last disappointing results for the team, that third place served too much as bread to lift the mood of the entire staff. The German anthem resounded throughout the area and the cup that rose to the sky became even more beautiful.

At the end of the award ceremony he immediately rushed to the exit to wait for Sebastian. As soon as the pilot crossed the threshold, Sophia's sudden embrace was inevitable.

《I'm proud of you. congratulation》
《Thank you, little one, but shouldn't you go to your pilot first?》

He asked, laughing. He certainly wasn't all wrong. She seemed to care more about the others than her stable.