19- "Forgive and forget"

"In life there is only one thing for sure, apart from death and taxes. No matter how hard you try, no matter how good your intentions are. You will end up making mistakes, you will hurt people and you will be hurt in turn and , if anything you want to repair, there is only one thing you can say ... "

Sophia didn't pay much attention to that day's free practice. His thoughts were inevitably directed elsewhere. He ran his fingers over the Redbull mark on his polo shirt in silence and with headphones while the whole box was intent on observing the telemetry.

《Daniel is doing well, Max needs to improve a bit in the corners but we are》 he heard Josh say. He expected great results for that weekend and even Sophia was feeling pretty optimistic that everything could be for the best. He opened the notebook with the notes and began to write. More than anything else, most of those pages were surrounded by drawings without any logic but for her beautiful and full of meaning. Yes, they meant her boredom, but they were still beautiful.

He did not notice that car number '3' was returned to the pits until he saw everyone busy. They were done for that half day. She stood in a corner to collect her things ready to go to lunch. He wanted to escape as soon as possible. Daniel slowly got out of the car and with the same prowess he also took off his helmet thanking the boys for the work done. He too was very confident that morning. He wiped away the sweat and turned his head just long enough to see Sophia gather her things. Needless to say, he didn't think twice about getting close.

《Sophia》 Daniel had 'dared' to use her name to call her, a sign of a clear start to the conversation in which the Spaniard certainly didn't want to take part but she also knew she was superior to everything.《Hello》 even at that moment, just as it happened a few hours before, she didn't even hint at a smile. She hoped he would say something to her in the next 3 seconds and then disappear.《How are you?》 He let those 2 words escape from his mouth almost to the edge of his lips. He wanted to start that conversation differently but in that moment it was the best he could hope for.《Fine thanks. You?》《I'm fine too, thanks to you》 "thanks to you?" he really felt so stupid. And now?

《Ok. ehm, I have to go to lunch, if nothing else ... I sent you the directions by email》

《Really?》《What?》 Sophia didn't understand.《Sophia we are here, 10 centimeters away》 (yes thanks Daniel, don't remind me) the girl thought.《No need to email me. You can tell me in person. Or better yet, you can come with me, as you should. Please don't create a wall between us》 for the first time, and not because she had known him for who knows how long, she saw Daniel really sincere in her eyes. And he also knew how right he was. He had begun to send him the commitments via an email to avoid any contact with him and only then did he realize how much this had aroused a slight suspicion inside the box. The PR that leaves Daniel alone to do the interviews and keep his commitments. He knew how much he was exaggerating. For the first time she felt stupid.

《You're right》 she replied only, surprising both Daniel and herself. What could he answer if that was the reality?《How sorry?》《You're right Daniel, I'm not acting professionally but ... can we start tomorrow? Today it's still like that and I have to go to lunch, Lewis is waiting for me》Here, if for the first part of the sentence Daniel was not willing to answer, as soon as he heard the name of Lewis he did not think twice.《Sophia, we're talking about work, Lewis can wait》《How dare you ...》

《I dare all right, Sophia, that's enough. Let's behave like adults. I will have apologized to you a thousand times and if this was still not enough I will repeat it again now: "SORRY". I've been wrong with you since day one and I'm sorry. You are the person who should support me and put up with me and I don't want to have a fight with you. But you also have to put your own into it. I am really doing the impossible》Sophia laughed for a moment inwardly as she thought back to her 'impossible'. What was? speak to her and apologize in all the languages ​​of the world?