22- "Sunday"

"Sunday is often made up of long sleeps, open dreams, imagination, books and ... long sleeps. But on the other side of the world, far from home, it can even seem difficult ... to breathe ..."

Sophia opened her eyes and immediately checked the time: 9 o'clock. It was still too early to get up. The contest would take place tonight, so it meant she had at least half the time to do something else, or so she hoped she would. Her cell phone rang insistently and when she videotaped Rebecca's name, she was certainly not ashamed of having sent her some curse.

《Thank you that I was already awake》 she replied with an elbow resting on the bed and with one hand covering her forehead which felt slightly warm that morning.《You know I wouldn't have cared, right ?! When does the day off in Brazil come back?》《Exactly next year, Rebecca. You are certainly not new to these things. Besides, we don't have the day off. We barely have a few hours》《That's enough, my friend. Get dressed because we go shopping》

Sophia knew that when Rebecca planned something it would hardly not happen. Also because the sudden closure of the call without the possibility of arguing was so evident. Sophia threw her head on the pillow for a moment looking up at the ceiling. She checked her cell phone, she didn't even know why. No messages or calls, of course. Who should have contacted her? Besides Rebecca. She sent a good morning message to Lewis, like every morning, and decided to take a shower before getting dressed and face the day that began with a strange and uncomfortable feeling in her stomach.

***《Daniel, do you come to the gym?》《Yes, Max, I'll be there soon》The Dutchman took a good look at his companion that morning and he certainly wasn't in his normal state as usual."Everything good?"Daniel lifted his head from the pillow and looked at Max."Yes why?"《No, so》Max thought it was just race anxiety. Daniel hadn't started from pole for a long time and the agitation and pressure that the team could indirectly send him often sent him into fibrillation.《I'm going to have breakfast first, do you want me to bring you something, at least?》Daniel admitted that he thought about it a little too much for a simple answer to such a question 《No, don't worry, thanks, I'll be down soon》《Daniel?》 Max waited for his friend to look him in the eye 《If you are just upset about the race I understand, indeed I tell you to rest assured for what it may serve you, but if you have some other thought that torments you you can talk to me 》《Ok Max, you've won, let's go have breakfast, I can't stand you anymore》The Dutch on the one hand was happy that he managed to convince his friend but did not hide his concern anyway.

*****

《How can you not like it ?! It's there for tonight's party》《What party? Rebecca, you'll be able to light up all of Interlagos with this dress, lots of sequins. And he's not sure if Daniel wins the race》《Ah, now it's Daniel?》 Her colleague was leaning against the door of the dressing room with her dress on and with a rather emblematic expression《Oh well, yes, Ricciardo, come on》《You still haven't told me how she went last night, you don't run away》 and she closed the curtain to finally separate them. Sophia let out a sigh of relief. What was she supposed to tell her? That she ate a burger on the runway and that ... she checked her phone and nothing. It had been a simple evening after all. A vibration made them rouse from her thoughts. Lewis had replied to her message and probably for the first time replied with the least enthusiasm ever felt towards her friend.《Do you like this photo to send to Max? She's not too intimate, is she?》《What?》Rebecca showed her a picture taken in the dressing room with that dress and to say it wasn't provocative was saying bullshit.《Are you crazy? Are you already at these levels?》《Actually you should take an example》《But not even ...》Without saying anything to her, Rebecca started a video call and when she saw Max's face on the other end of the phone with Daniel next to her, she blanched suddenly.

《Hi girls ... hi Sophi》 at that name Daniel suddenly raised his head, as he wanted Max to do.《Hello little dwarf, what are you doing?》《Look, you have to stop, I'm not that short》《Come on, you have to admit that you are even shorter than her》《But that's not true, we are the same》《Shut up》《Assholes》

The nice curtain made all 4 laugh but never a light and fleeting glance between Daniel and Sophia who, unlike Max and Rebecca, pretended to be busy doing something else.

《Where are you?》《In Sao Paulo》《WHERE IS IT? But are you crazy? In 2 hours you must be in the paddock for the meeting》《And we'll be there, Max, relax. On the other hand, without us where would you stay? Nowhere. I hope at least you can walk or use your hands to send a message and warn. See you later bye"Rebecca looked at her dazed friend after she ended the call immediately after saying that sentence.《What's up?》《Is there anything you need to tell me? Because you know, sentences within sentences are my specialty》《How beautiful is the dress you wear, do you buy it? why do we have to leave now》

*****《But what !? What did that mean?》Daniel had some suspicion, but ... 《What do I know, that's all weird》《And to think that he follows you, think if he had followed me》《In my opinion he would much prefer it, look》《I can ask for the change if you want》Could it really be done? But he didn't want to put Sophia's career in a bad light《No, forget it, I just have to get used to her presence》Max gave her that answer right, but ... she didn't believe him《Ah-Ah》******

"Yes, Sunday is probably made up of long sleeps, open dreams, imagination, books but above all good humor, which becomes vulnerable if only one could manage it with small gestures ..."