Chapter Three

Chapter Three

 Why couldn't this be one of those cliche moments where I wake up in a hot sweat, relief pouring through me because it was a dream? Oh wait this is reality and in real life good things never happen, well at least they never happen to me.

  'Elizabeth!?' I hear someone call in the distance. I strain my eyes to see, trying to break free of the blades of grass tied around my wrists, I gasp loudly as I feel them slicing through my flesh, but I am still as stuck as before, if I struggle it get hurt more, may as well give up. I thought angrily, I didn't even want to think about how the grass managed to wrap itself around my wrists and ankles in the first place, if I did, I would probably go mental.

   I hear the sound of flesh ripping, a metallic smell hits me, the smell of rust. Blood. The scary thing is, the smell made me hungry, how can the smell of blood make you hungry? Unless your one masochistic bitch.

   'Smells good doesn't it?' A silky voice whispered behind me, causing me to jump and the blades to slice through my flesh even more.

   'No' I lied.

   'Do not LIE TO ME' The voice screamed in my ear, grabbing hold of my head and pushing it to its side, my neck extended, my silky black hair falls into my face, momentarily blinding me. I felt the mans hot breath against my skin as he breathed along the large vein penetrating through the skin there.

   'Now tell me' He started 'Do you like the smell?'

   'No' I said whimpering, Why would I admit to this mad man that I liked the smell of blood?!

  'ELIZABETH?!' A voice shouted again through the darkness.

   'Don't worry, my sweet' The voice whispered in my ear 'You will join me, as soon as you admit to yourself what you cannot admit to me' I felt something soft touch my neck, and realised that he had kissed me. As suddenly as he had come he had gone again, leaving only the tingling on my neck as a reminder that he was there. The blades of grass began to loosen their grip, I pulled my arms one final time and broke free. I ran sobbing to the thing that had caused me to scream in the first place.

   I ran over and fell to my knees in front of the girls desecrated body, her head had been smashed in, the skull has caved in, causing her brain to turn into a type of mush, blood pouring out of the cracks, her eyes were bleeding as if she were crying blood red tears. Her arms had been torn away from her body, as were her legs leaving only head and torso. She had only a hole where her heart was. Her mouth had opened into a sad O, showing sharp teeth, some were loose or broken, her brown hair matted against her left cheek. My eyes had taken in all of this, the only violence I had seen was on C.S.I, and that was not real. They don't warn you what the smell will be like, how it slithers its way down your throat, through you nostrils and consuming your pours. They don't warn you about what it looks like. Not in the flesh.

  I ran to the nearest tree and puked, I vomited until there was nothing left and it hurt to gag, hot tears pouring down my cheeks.

   'Elizabeth?!' The voice called again, it was a kind voice. The last voice I heard before I fainted.