Chapter Fourteen

'Wake up you stupid bitch!' I head a female voice shout, I shot up suddenly remembering what had happened, and I was pissed off. I looked around, I was being kept in a sort of medieval jail cell, the walls were made of stone, as well as the floor, there was no bed and a single wooden door with metal bars.

  'Where the hell am i?' I demanded, feeling rage swirl inside me, causing my power to hover just above my skin, I could feel it raising hairs all over my body, evidently she could feel it to, she suddenly started to rub her arms and looked frightened.

  'Just outside of town in an abandoned warehouse, underground' She said, her eyes wide as if she spoke without thinking. I smirked, my powers were almost on auto pilot, my instinct for survival has overcome my lack of knowledge on how to control the demi god inside of me and I must be controlling her. This vampire slut. 

  'Very good' I said smirking, the brown haired beauty looked terrified, her deep brown eyes were practically bulging. 'Now, how many of you are here?'

 '12' She said automatically, her hand shot up to her mouth 'What the hell are you? How are you doing this?' 

  'Don't worry about that deary' I said smiling, I realised that my hands and feet were chained to the wall, in my rage I hadn't registered that I was bound. 'Unchain me, now' I ordered, staring in amusement as she ran over and took away the silver chains. 

  'Please, stop they'll kill me' she pleaded, now to be honest I felt pity, but she hated my kind, and brought me here for what I assume were not nice activities. 

 'I really do not care' I said smiling 'What do you want with me?' 

  'We heard that you were extremely powerful. we brought you here for information then we were going to kill you' 

  'Thought as much' I quickly got up using my vampire powers to throw her off guard, and threw her against the wall, her head making a stomach turning crack against the wall, she tried to get up. but I was already on her, my fangs extended I went straight for the big juicy vein thumping on her neck and tore at it, careful not to drink any of her blood, I was completely disgusted by the smell of her blood, I just knew she had to die, these fuckers were clearly ruthless and it was either kill or be killed and I don't want to die I grabbed her keys and I ran for the door she came through, slipping out soundlessly. 

  I looked around, it was one long stretch of hallway, with similar looking jail cells all down, on the other end was the only route to escape. I used my senses to see if there were others in the cells, and to see if there were anymore of those vampires. I sensed two in the cells and a vampire, but they weren't too close. I ran for the cell with one of them in, quickly unlocking it and gesturing for them to come with me, miming that I too was a prisoner, and did the same with the other, miming that they should keep behind me. 

  We walked soundlessly to the end of the hallway, coming face to face with a vampire.

  'What the fuck are you mongrels doing out of your cells?' He shouted, he was tall, around 6"2, with blond hair and a unremarkable face with dull grey eyes.

  'Shut up and listen to me asshole, where is the way out?' 

  'That way and to the left, there are some stairs that lead to the warehouse' He suddenly assumed the same face the female vampire had, his eyes bulging.

  'Very good, how many vampires are guarding it?' I said.

  '3' 

  'Good boy, now you never saw us, and you're gonna turn around and forget you ever saw us OK?' 

 He didn't even answer, just turned around and walked away, as if it had never happened. I looked at the other two prisoners, they looked more frightened of me that of the vampires planning to kill them.

  We carried on walking, until we came to the stairs, there were three of the vampires there, I quickly ordered them to not see us and we all ran as fast as light up the stairs and out the warehouse toward town, until we were sure we had gotten away. 

  I stopped turning around to look at the two prisoners I had saved.

  'I'm Eliza' I said, they were both women, one looked about 20, with short layered blond hair, with emerald green eyes, the other about 25 with deep red hair the colour of blood, her face had a splash of freckles and also had emerald green eyes,

  'I'm Shannon and this is my sister, Shayla' She spoke with a thick Irish accent. 

 'How did you end up in there?' I asked.

 'They have associates all over the world, they thought we had useful information about hybrids over in Ireland, so they sent us to their headquarters back there' Shannon said, her accent was so beautiful, Irish accents were my favourite.

  'They have been torturing us for months, you see we are Selkies, and they took our skin' Shayla said, she looked so upset, and lost, I had no idea what she was talking about but she looked heartborken her red hair fell into her face and she turned away.

  'I don't know what that is, I'm sort of new to this magic crap' I said,

 'We have the ability to change form into a seal, but we need our skins in order to transform, it has to be the same skin otherwise we cannot change, we are lucky that it was a woman who had stolen them if it was a man we would be under their control forever' Shannon cried.

 'What a bunch of assholes' I muttered under my breath, I felt for these poor girls, I have no understanding of what they are going through, but it must be awful not to be able to embrace that part of your life. 

  'Will you help us, we have never come across someone quite like you, please' Shayla pleaded.

 'Come with me first, I need to tell a few people i'm alive'