~~

After we ate and hung around, the storm got worse. The wind blew strongly, causing the trees to damn near break off. The house jiggled, and the rain seemed to be going at seventy miles per hour. Florida is known for its scary tropical storms, and I didn't even think of that when I said yes to coming.

I jumped at the loud crackle of the storm. "You guys sure we don't have to take refuge or flee the state or something?" I joked but was completely serious.

Dylan laughed. "This shit happens all the time. Trust me; you'd know if you had to leave the state."

I joked. "Well, I'm going to text my mom in case there's an alligator that happens to get washed into the house," in reference to the movie Crawl.

Cameron laughed. He's the only one who knew what I was talking about.

"I don't get it," Sam stated with a confused look on her face.

Cameron scoffed. "Babe, we watched that movie together. You serious?"

I laughed. "Sam falls asleep during everything! Of course, she doesn't remember," I added before the power flickered.

Shit.

Gray clouds covered the sky, making it darker and darker outside. We watched the rain pour onto the ground and the lightning crackle in the sky. We socialized as the storm continued until the power completely shut off. We waited in hopes it would come back on, but it stayed off. We sat in the dark living room, whining how every one of our phones was on a low battery percentage.

The room remained silent as we listened to the mess outside.

"I had plans later, and I wanted to board. Might as well go to sleep now." Dylan shrugged, throwing his phone on the couch.

Cameron scowled. "Damn, I'm hungry. You think the food will be good?"

Joey spoke, "Nothing we can really do at this point but wait it out."

Dylan blurted. "Want to get drunk?"

I laughed. "Beats sitting in quiet, staring at each other."

Dylan and Cam went to get the drinks, and we all took a seat in the living room. Joey was still sprawled out on the couch and looked at me with a teasing expression that said, Come over here. I wasn't falling for it. I went and took a seat next to Sam.

"So, are we going to play a drinking game or just talk and get hammered?" Joey asked with a bored tone.

"How about Truth or Dare? This will be a little bit different, though. If you are too chicken to do the dare or admit the truth, you have to take a drink; and, someone else has the opportunity to call you on your bullshit if they know the truth," Sam said.

"Hell, no," Dylan said as he and Cam came back into the room. "Remember what happened last time?"

I laughed at that. "I have to know what happened."

"No one needs to know, Dylan," Joey said seriously. Everyone has an awful story when it comes to these games.

I shot him a look. "So, it has to do with you? We definitely have to hear it now."

Joey sat up on the couch and poured himself a drink. "Nope. Let's play this fucking game already."

There was an eruption of laughter as everyone got comfortable and started drinking.

"Okay, I'll go first," Sam said. She looked at Dylan and asked, "Truth or dare?"

"Truth." Dylan thought about it first.