Chapter9: Willow- Long live the twins

I have had vivid dreams before... sure they don't normally involve me being a princess that is in love with a guy who looks a lot like our assistant coach. Neither do they involve a supernatural war... but still I have had vivid dreams before.

Why was I freaking out?

This dreamed seemed to go on and on moving from picture to picture. It was like watching a movie in fast forward, only this movie seemed to be my life... well, another life. The 'movie' suddenly stops and I am standing in what appears to be a fancy office. The tall wide walls covered in an earthy themed wallpaper, with elegant vines drawing design all around. The chocolate brown carpet on the floor made you want to just roll in its softness and the mahogany furniture still held the sent of the trees they came from. Everything about the room gave you the mixed feelings of it being a room for business and home. I can remember when Cadens and I were young and would always lock ourselves in here when our parents were away. Poor guards... they would always get an earful from mother when she would come home. Oh, how I miss this room.

Wait, what? Snap out of it Willow! It is just a dream!

"Minani!" I turn to find Constance in a gorgeous gown, her hair up in an elegant bun encircled by a beautiful tiara and deep worry in her eyes.

"Cadence, how bad is it out there?" The werewolves were smart to attack when half our men were away helping another kingdom...

"It's not good... Arkadius had to caus a distraction just so I could come back in! My flames would have caught too much attention."

"It would be smart if we don't use our powers until we get mother and father out! Go and find Arkadius and I will get mother and father ready. We need to get them out now!"..

The rest is if faded but it wasn't needed I remembered. I just couldn't believe it.

I open my eyes, my body coated in sweat and a raging headache that worsened at the sound of voices around me. Thunk! "Ow! What was that for?"

"That was for listening to our parents! You had one job Jared!" Constance climbs over me to retrieve what she threw. "Explain what is going on Jared or so help me... the next thing I throw won't be a shoe!"

"Calm down Cadence!  You know we can't refuse the demand of the king and queen!" That voice... why was he still here?

"Oh shut up Damien! You all should have tried to save them! They are the important ones!" Cadence. .. no.. This was not happening. It was not real! "They.. they were the important ones..." she was crying. "Why didn't you save them..?"

"Stop..." I didn't even know I had sat up, until I saw their eyes on me.

"Minani... we did our best to protect them." He is that boy in the tree.. no Willow. .

"I SAID STOP IT!" I jumped off the bed and did the only thing I could think of. I ran.

I ended up where I always did when things went wrong, my Willow tree. I know I can't stay long,  Jonathan knows all to well that this is the place I go to when I don't know what to do anymore. Why was I the only one freaking out about this? This is insane!

"No, its not." I gasp and nearly fall from how fast I turn. There stood Constance in the gown from my dream... "You know it's the truth, there is something else that is keeping you from believing. "

"Constance do you really think this is the time to be playing dress up?" Could it be possible that I am still asleep?

"You know I am not Constance Willow... I am Cadence." I lift a brow at her. Wasn't Constance Cadence in this weird dream?