Chapter 16: Constance- Feuds

I stare at him and begin to realize where I am at. Home. This is another memory. I look down to see my elaborate ball gown, and Minani is no longer with me.

"And who may you be?" I ask the stranger.

He steps out of the shadow, and I gasp realizing the resemblance. Damien's brother is here. The resemblance is uncanny, the same jawline, the hair, and the way he stands; the difference is only his eyes. The warm eyes I have always known and grown custom to, were replaced with cold, stone eyes that held no warmth at all.

"Why, how do you not know who I am? I mean," he pauses as he begins to step closer "You have been spending time with my older brother a lot recently."

I begin stepping away from him, watching his steps as they continue to get closer to me. "No obviously you do not matter enough for me to even remember who you are. So you aren't even worth another word from me."

His eyes turn black instantly. A cold hand runs across my cheek, but I stand my ground. "How dare you insult me like that. You do realize that I am Prince Alec from the Wolf Kingdom, and I can have your head for what you said to me."

His finger begins to run from my cheek down my jawline, and down to my chest. "But then again, you are very ravishing. Maybe my mother will allow me to have a little fun with you before she does away with you. I mean, I prefer blondes over reds any day."

I slap him, "You do not get to lay a hand on me any longer."

He growls and I knew I was in a lot of trouble. As quickly as I could I begin to run away, but before I am able to, a wolf pounces on me. I scream knowing that at this moment I am helpless. No one is going to be able to help me now.

Just then all the weight of the wolf is gone, I quickly recover only to find Damien hold the wolf in a headlock. "RUN PRINCESS! NOW!"

I nod my head at him and mouth 'Thank you' before taking off back through the forest. As soon as I reach back to the edge of the forest, my gown is gone and is replaced with my running shoes, leggings and a muscle shirt. I begin to walk home, with new information that I have learned. How my cheek throbs from the hit I received. How I feel dirty, knowing that another man touched me inappropriately. A shower isn't going to wash it off, but I have to try. How I owe Damien more so, not only in this new life, but also in my old one as well.

I make it home to find Arkadius still outside waiting, but I ignore him as I make my way inside. I need to change, I need to shower. I also need to let Jared know that I am home before anything.

I pass by Jonathan's room, the door not all the way shut. I guess he didn't close it right. I reach my hand on the doorknob to shut it "-What if we were to get married?"

What?

The air goes still, I'm not breathing, and by the sound of it, neither is Jonathan. What is going on?

"In that scenario, they would do all that they can for the future princess of our kingdom. But I can't lie to my parents Willow, you know that. They know when I am lying."

"I'm not asking you to lie... You are my friend. A life with you would not be so terrible. I wouldn't ask you otherwise." Another pause fills the air. "Unless it would be terrible for you..."

"Of course not!" he quickly answers. "But are you sure Willow? We can find another way you don't have to do this."

"I am sure. Do you accept my proposal?"

I don't wait for his answer, because I already know what it is. He's been waiting for this for so long. Damien is going to be heartbroken when he finds out. I run up the stairs to my room, not caring if I make any noise through the house. I don't care, everything is too much here in this world. Minani just keeps making this more difficult, never following her heart, only causing herself more and more pain. She doesn't listen. I slam the door to my room and lock it. I run to the patio doors and lock them as well. I run into my bathroom, stripping down so I can just lay in the warm water. I'm tired of today, and I do not care if I skip dinner. I do not care if I miss school. I just want to evaporate. I wish I never went to public school.