Chapter 18: Constance- The Last Memory

I stare up at my ceiling in my room. I already feel Damien's heart break, even though he's miles away. She's going to move out now, and even though she's hurting, she still wants to see me happy. I don't find that fair. Why does she get to be miserable, while I'm glowing with joy?

She won't have it any other way though.

A small knock at my door fills the silent room. I don't respond to whoever is knocking. I don't want to cave in so easily to their will. Another knock on my door, but this time it is followed by the clicking of the door opening. I turn to my side, giving whoever walks through that door my back. The bed gives away to whoever is sitting beside me. I make sure they can't see my face as I press it against my pillow.

"Why are you acting childish?" Jared says.

I turn quickly to find him waiting with a questioning look. "I did not know it was you."

"Well, who else would it be?"

"Who else is dying to have my attention?" I ask as I sit up.

He smiles, "The poor pup that's waiting outside your door, that's who. I mean he asked me to come in here and talk to you. Which-"

"Would explain why you're in here. That makes more sense," I finish for him.

He chuckles as he rubs the back of his neck, "Yeah. He really wants you to forgive him, and on the plus side, your sister forgave him."

I groan loudly, "Don't get me started with that crap. Now she's just trying to get on my good side."

Jared shoots me a look. "You must be really upset to be cussing."

"Do you have any idea what's going on? She's getting married!"

He shrugs, "Well congratulations to-"

"Let me finish Jared," I say as I raise my hand to cut him off, "she's getting married to Jonathan."

He gasps. Finally, I can let this all off of my chest. "She's marrying Jonathan, only because she feels..."

Everything begins to pour out of me. Everything that has happened. All the drama, all of my feelings, and especially the latest memory I've had. How after everything we've remember, I'm the one holding us back. Only because I can't remember the last stupid memory.

Jared places his warm hand on my cheek to wipe away a runaway tear. He hugs me deeply, and I've never been so relieved to have someone to talk to that is neutral in all this. Not Arkadius, who has been doing his best to win me back, or Minani, who's hurting herself, or Luke, who I know means good, but I just can't trust him.

He pulls away from me and he stares deeply into my eyes. His eyes look like a gray sky after a long storm. "Everything is going to be okay, I'm sorry about your sister, but you cannot control her actions. She has to do everything and learn on her own. She's a big girl now and so are you." I nod my head in response. "Now about the whole memory thing, don't rush it. I know you guys already want your powers and to be able to go save your kingdom, but these kind of things take time."

"I just want to remember already, I hate the fact that I'm the one holding us back."

He smiles, "You're not holding anyone back, it takes time."

I sigh knowing he was right. With my chest as heavy as it was, I have no way of forcing the memory to come out.

A small knock vibrates my door. Jared and I share a look knowing exactly who it is. I nod my head at Jared, and a small smile forms on his lips. He quickly gets up and opens the door.