SIXTEEN

( SIXTEEN )
lie ability

Liam's hand flinched back as he touched the luminescent Mountain Ash barrier, a frown overtaking his features as he did so

As Alex crossed her arms and blew out a breath, Scott grabbed a walkie-talkie from one of the guards' bags, the boy speaking into it as he also grabbed a spare keycard from the same bag. "Does anyone have eyes on the Closed Unit? I need a status report."

"It's a war zone down here." A guard responded from the other end, Alex furrowing her eyebrows as she shared a glance with Lucas.

"Uh...ten-four." Scott responded after briefly hesitating. "And what about the patients? Lydia Martin?"

"Who is this?" The guard questioned, suspicion lacing his tone as he didn't recognise Scott's voice.

The group froze, Liam widening his eyes as he shared anxious glances with Alex and Lucas.

"Uh...it's Unit Nine." Scott replied with a frown.

"There is no Unit Nine. Who is this? How did you g-"

Growing angry and impatient, Alex snatched the walkie-talkie from Scott's hands and crushed it in one of hers, the girl letting it fall to the ground immediately after as she brushed off her hands.

"Alright, we need to figure out another way to get into the Closed Unit." Scott spoke up as he glanced at the hallway the werewolves couldn't get to.

"Yeah, dude, you're forgetting one problem. The Mountain Ash." Lucas raised his eyebrows as he gestured to the barrier. "How are we gonna get past it?"

"I'm not sure about that part, but there's somebody else here that might be able to help us." Scott replied as he glanced at Lucas.

"Who?" Liam frowned.

"Meredith." Alex spoke up in realisation, Scott nodding at the girl.

••••

Alex, Scott, Lucas, and Liam entered Meredith's cell, the group sharing unsure glances, as Meredith was sitting down and facing the wall.

"Meredith? It's Alex Carter and Scott McCall." Alex spoke up, the girl only mentioning herself and Scott, as Meredith only knew them.

Meredith didn't say anything, the group sharing brief glances again.

Scott slowly began to approach her, the boy gently turning her chair around to face the four.