FIFTEEN

( FIFTEEN )
amplification

"Can you go any faster?" Alex asked as she glanced at Stiles, who shook his head, his gaze set on the road in front of him

"I'm going as fast as I can." Stiles replied as police began to communicate over the radio.

"Unit Five heading northwest on Crescent, reporting an incredibly large...something." A woman's voice started, uncertainty and confusion lacing her tone.

"Unit Nine to Dispatch, I think I've got eyes on the same thing. Some kind of rabid animal." Another officer spoke, Alex, Scott and Stiles sharing glances from their seats.

"Unit Five to Nine, trust me, that's no animal." The woman spoke again.

Stiles grabbed the communicator and began talking into it. "All Units, stay back. Do not engage. I repeat, do not engage."

"Stiles, get off the radio!" Noah's voice exclaimed angrily over the radio.

Stiles let out a breath as Alex raised her eyebrows, the girl accompanying the action with a brief glance towards her boyfriend.

"All Units alert, wait for backup. Repeat, no one goes near this thing." Noah continued, directing his comment towards the officers.

"Unit Five reporting a sighting on Hill Road, southbound."

"Unit Nine, I've got it turning off Oakridge, southbound on Beachwood."

"All Units, this is Dispatch. We've got a 911 call with additional sighting on Mitchell."

"Wait a second, Beachwood to Mitchell?" Stiles furrowed his eyebrows as he continued to drive.

"The hospital." Alex widened her eyes as she shared a glance with Scott.

"We've gotta get there first before he hurts anyone." Scott frowned from the back seat.

"Dad." Stiles spoke into the radio again.

"Stiles, get off this channel." Noah angrily responded, the man fed up with Stiles' insubordination.

"Dad, just listen to me, okay? It's headed for the hospital." Stiles continued, ignoring his father's demand. "He's headed for Beacon Memorial. You hear me? He's headed for the hospital."

••••

Alex, Stiles, and Scott entered Beacon Memorial, the sound of a gun loading behind them causing the three to turn around in surprise, only to find Noah holding his gun up defensively.