TWO

( TWO )
parasomnia

Alex followed Stiles into the Sheriff's office, the girl crossing her arms

"Alright, I know his family left town around the time Theo was nine or ten, his older sister got in an accident when he was eight." Stiles started, closing the door behind Alex.

"Please go to school." Noah exasperatedly sighed.

"Dad, this kid is a werewolf." Stiles whispered.

"Your best friends are werewolves." Noah frowned. "You are dating a werewolf."

Stiles glanced at Alex and then back to his father.

"I still don't know what Kira's supposed to be." Noah continued. "When the flying monkeys come soaring through this station, you will have my undivided attention. Until then, just go to school."

"Trust me Noah, I wanted to go as soon as we woke up, but look where we are." Alex spoke with a sigh.

"What did you do?" Stiles narrowed his eyes at his father, disregarding Alex's comment.

"Wh-" Noah frowned in confusion. "What do you mean 'what did I do'?"

Alex raised her eyebrows as Stiles continued. "There's something different about you."

"What are you talking about?" Noah frowned.

Stiles went closer, the boy frowning. "What is it? What's different?"

"For the love of god, Stiles, just go to school!" Noah exclaimed annoyedly, Stiles hurrying back away from his dad and standing next to Alex.

"I will go to school if you promise to do a full background check on the Raeken's." Stiles spoke with raised eyebrows.

"No." Noah responded simply. "You know what? Just cause I'm the only law enforcement officer who knows anything about this, does not make it my responsibility to do something every time you have a minor suspicion."

"Except you're not the only one." Stiles raised his eyebrows, referring to Parrish.

Noah sighed.

"Parrish!"

••••

"So you ran a background check, and all you got was a speeding ticket?" Malia frowned at Stiles as her and Alex followed Stiles up to the school.