Chapter 27

I packed my bags and got Brandi ready to go. I don't know what's going on but whenever we have to go this it's something serious. I know for a fact Dave is a target. And he wants us to be safe but I want to know what's going on. Does it have to do with that girl I saw him with? I walked down the hall and knocked on Marie door. She came out.

"Yes ma'am?"

"Can you make sure that Brandi gets with my mom. I will pay you extra to go with her and stay there with her until I say different."

"Are you sure you want to do that?"

"Yes I am. Now will you?"

"Yes ma'am. I'll do it for you. When do we leave?"

"Now the car is downstairs. Let me go talk to him first though."

"Yes ma'am. We will be right down." She said to her.

Desiree walked outside and walked to the suv. It had tented dark windows and the guy was getting out the car as she approached the vehicle. He got out and looked at her.

"Where is your daughter and your bags?" He asked her.

"That's Just it. She is coming and my house nanny is going not me."

"No ma'am. I had strict orders from boss for you to go."

"Well as his girl I'm telling you no. I have business here. Here take this money and keep your mouth closed. Everything will still go as planned just not with me in it."

"I can't let you do that ma'am. Dave will have my head for that. You got to go."

"No I don't. So like I said all you got to say is I went."

"Ms. Desie with all due respect no I can't do that. If something happened to you I would be held responsible for it. I'm sorry but you got to come. And if you don't I will be forced to call Mr. Dave."

"You such a wuss. Fine I'll go."

Desiree walked backed in and called her mom.

"Hey mama what you doing?"

"I'm cleaning up what about you?"

"I need a favor."

"Oh Lord. What is it?"

"Can I use your car when I get there? I'll be gone for a few days."

"Wait you coming here?"

"Oh yeah I forgot to call and tell you. Dave got some business to take care of and decided to send us to see you for a vacation."

"Is something wrong? Why he ain't coming with y'all? What do that boy do for a living. You want tell me cause I feel it's bad." Her mom said.

"Mama it ain't all that serious. Just know we will be there in a little. Now is it ok for me to use your car or not?"

"That's fine baby. Call me when you make it to town."