Chapter 14

I can't believe he doesn't believe that I am his sister. I proved to him that all I was saying was true. I mean I kind of see why he doesn't but I mean what do I have to lie about.

All kind of questions ran through my head as I drove home from the meeting that I had with Dave. Seeing Landon again brought back some memories. He's still fine I tell you that.

I wonder does he have a girl in his life now? I would love to try that again with him. It was all messed up for us the first time. I pulled up to my mom house to see Clarissa first.

She was so weird at times. Sometimes she wants to be shut up in the house and sometimes she wants to be all under me. I hope she is in a better mood today. She took my mom death so bad. I thought she was gonna have to be admitted to her help.

I unlocked the door and walked in. She was cooking some food. I smelled the smell from the porch. I walked in the kitchen and she was at the stove.

"Hey baby girl." I said to her as I walked in.

"Hey Drik. How you today?" She asked.

"I'm fine. What you up to today?"

"Nothing decided to cook something today to keep my mind occupied." She said still whipping the food.

"You had a episode today?" Drika asked her concerned.

"No. I didn't. I actually had a good day today. Are you staying for dinner?" She asked.

"Sure I can do that. What all you cooking?"

"Well I decided to do some smothered pork chops cream corn rice and some blackeye peas and roll."

"Damn girl. You hooking it up aint you?" Drika said laughing.

"Something like that I guess. Listen I need to talk to you about something."

"What is it?"

"A guy came by to see me today."

"A guy? What guy? What did he want?"

"He was asking about mama."

"Why? What did you say?"

"I told him she was dead and she wasn't here anymore. I was the only one who lived here. He asked about you and your dad as well."

"Clarissa who was this guy? And what did he look like?"

"He was fine. Muscles. And he has a lot of tattoos on his body. He told me his name was Landon."

"Landon came by here?" Drika asked.

"Yes he did. He said something about his friend and you suppose to be brothers and was you lying about that being your sibling."

"Damn. So he came to talk to mama about that. He didn't know that she was dead."

"Yeah he was a little hurt by that news. He said she called him
Lan."

Drika stood off into space for a few seconds. She thought about all the things that they experienced together.

"You ok? You look spaced out."
She asked her as she put the food on the table.