Request • Connor Part 2

Perhaps I just imagined it, but the girl fully leans in and kisses him. I'm frozen in place and I don't exactly know how to react. Annoyed and frustrated, I decide not to waste my time by reacting and I storm off. If Connor wants some irrelevant, lying girl, he can have her. His brain that's better than a normal human surely must be able to find a better person than me for him.

I walk off too quickly to notice whether he kisses her back or if he pushes her off him. Frankly, I'm too wound up to care.

"What's wrong? Everything ok?" Tia asks.

"It's fine. Maybe. I shouldn't have come here. But thanks anyway for inviting me." I mutter and walk off before my tears can give me away. Tia tries to catch up to me but I lose her in the crowd. Perhaps fresh air would help settle my mind.

I can't seem to get my head round the fact that Connor would believe the words of some girl over me, who he's been with for a year. This is definitely not how I envisioned my first anniversary to go. It infuriates me how a harmless conversation with a friend could be twisted into something way worse.

I don't know if I'm imagining it, but I hear someone shouting behind me. I increase the speed at which I walk at and I make a beeline for the front door.

"Y/N!" I hear a male voice shout. I decide to ignore the voice and I keep walking, even though I'm already outside.

The voice beckons for me again and I don't want to turn around to face them, whoever it is. This night seems to have been too much for me and I don't want to let my emotions get the better of me.

"Y/N! Wait! I'm sorry!" They shout again and I know exactly who the voice belongs to.

After walking for a while, I decide to give in and I stop in my path but I don't turn around. I hear quick footsteps catching up to me.

Finally, I turn around to meet Connor, who looks slightly distraught. His fault for kissing some girl.

"Y/N, I—" Connor begins.

"Save it. I don't care. You can have her, really. If you think her words are more truthful than my own then who am I to stop you?" I cut him off.

"No, Y/N. It's not what you think." Connor says.

"That's what they all say. I've heard it many times before." I reply.

"I'm being deadly serious. She kissed me, I didn't kiss her back. You walked off too quickly to see that I pushed her off me. I told her I had a girlfriend who I loved very much and that I made a mistake by listening to this girl. I'm really very sorry, Y/N. How foolish could I be, listening to a stranger over you? My insecurities and irrational thoughts got the better of me and I will not let it happen again." Connor explains. He looks apologetic and sincere and I know there's truth in his voice. Why would he lie?

"Wait, really? You pushed her off?" I ask.

"Of course. I would never cheat on you. I know humans say this stuff a lot and never mean it but I sincerely mean it. I don't want anyone else but you. I don't know why it took me a year to make it clear to you. I'm sorry again." Connor says.

"I guess I'm sorry too for leaving you for too long." I laugh quietly.

"I love you more than anything in the universe." Connor says.

"I love you too."