Chapter Two ... The Strong Circle

Start from the beginning

(You can't keep me from him forever, last time you tried, it forced my hand, don't push me again, Human. I hate fighting with you.) Meeko said, pacing whatever space it is inside me that he lingers in. That's the thing about us werewolves, the beast inside us lives in us, but not... They are still present in the woods of the other world, the one we find them in as children, only a smaller, more restricted part, a part only they will see. So when two Weres mate, their wolves find each other and mate as well, but with human mates it's different, the wolves never actually mate with their other half, unless through their human.

Another sad part about being with a human mate, I guess... that and the fact that if it's a male human, you won't have children outside of adoption or one of the other human alternatives. So, I truly understood why Meeko was frantically trying to be with Avery, but he had to understand, Avery was letting me in; if Meeko pushed too hard or moved too fast we'd be back at square one, and I couldn't handle that, not after I already had a taste of my mate's affection.

(Meeko. Relax, if we do things my way, he'll be ours by the next full moon, we can not rush him, not after what you did) I said, speaking with him being as easy as thinking thoughts. (I want him now, but if you must take it slow, lock me up I will allow that, but don't ever bring my mistake up again) He snarled, shutting me out like always. I sighed, heading down the steps of the back of the packhouse. I took in the scenery as I headed towards the eastern tree-line. Pups ran around, in open fields, they'd just gotten done lessons for the day, so the noise level was high. The Omega's in charge of them, sat under some shady willows, in a group of ten, watching the pups play.

Just as I walked into the tree-line, the pack link opened and A'mosh asked me if I re-scented the borders yet. He clearly was agitated, and I wanted to snap back at him to quit bitchin, but I owed him, so instead, I inhaled deeply before responding. (I'm doing it now, Alpha) I answered and he growled whatever back to me.

#   #   #

Scenting the borders never took me long, my wolf being the fastest in the pack. It only took an hour and a half, I expected a clean schedule after that, but my pissed off, horny Alpha had other plans. He called for us to run drills, drills that consisted of running from one border to the next for an hour straight, the fighting drills with the pack warriors. I was wise enough to keep my mouth shut, but the Gamma Brandon always liked pushing
A'mosh's buttons.

"A'mosh I need water! Why do we have to run this many drills, you'd think you'd be too busy tending to the Luna, fuck I'm tired." He complained, nudging the Delta Keaton when he got the growling reaction he wanted. A'mosh turned on him, and with a mad cackle Brandon took off running. The rest of us took his absence as an excuse to disappear. I was beat, as I entered the packhouse, sniffing out my mate.

His scent led through the kitchen, towards the back of the house, and up two flights of stairs that led to the Luna's office. The Luna and Avery's scents, though similar, had different notes to them. Avery's was sort of spicy like hot peppers, but also sweet like vanilla. It's so good. I knocked on the mahogany door, Adam was officially the Luna, so the two-centuries-old office was his now. "Come in Shawn." He called, and I smiled, his sense of smell was magnified, to hear him tell it, his sense of smell was only slightly better.

I opened the door, the room was different from what I remember, clearly, the Luna had put the carpenters to work. The wood in the room had been carved so that the ceiling seemed like a fancy artwork. The walls were painted to resemble what I thought looked like a beach.

His desk was large and rimmed in golden accents, there were several bookcases around and each one held a different label. My eyes left the decor and found my mate. He was laying on the aqua colored couch, in a cut off T-shirt and sweats that I knew were mine. I had to choke down a strangled moan. "Sunshine," I called and he looked over at me. "Are you busy?" I asked. The Luna paid us no attention, but as he added books to the shelves, reading the labels of some and putting them on the table to read; he could be heard grumbling about Avery and I.