Chapter 14: Release The Girl

Alpha Carlos above

Also short chapter
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

"Rogue!" The shout reverberated throughout the woods, echoing in the eerie silence and bouncing back from the trees. I could smell another wolf in the area, but also knew he was gone. However, his scent was all over the snarling female my warriors had in their grip.

I ran to the warriors. "Bring her to the cells." The ferocious tan wolf snarled and fought against their grips.

"You. Killed. My. Brother!" The fury and adrenaline in her eyes overshadowed any pain she may have been feeling from the gaping scratches on her arm of the tightened grips of my warriors.

I didn't know what she was talking about. "I killed rogues who tried to kill me."

"I don't believe you! My brother would NEVER try to kill somebody!"

"If you need proof, I'll give you the damn proof, rogue."

"I'm actually not a damn rogue for your information. I'm the beta's daughter of the Storm Moon Pack!" 

Ashlynn ran out of the packhouse. "Lila? What are you doing here?"

"Ashlynn, tell him that I'm not a rogue! Tell him that my brother would never kill him against his will! Please."

I looked at my mate. She nodded. "Lila, I don't know your brother so I cannot vouch for that. However, I can vouch that you're not a rogue but a grieving wolf on a vengeance quest. Let me assure you though that whoever was killed today was attacking us and/or trying to kill Zion."

She turned to me. "Zion, release the girl. Her word is her honor." She looked at the girl called Lila, almost daring her to contradict her words. She turned back to me, a fire in her eyes. "If she believes you killed her brother, then she has some reasoning behind that, whether it's logic, emotion, or intuition. She's not a rogue, but a grieving wolf who is on a mission to avenge her brother's death. Surely, you of all people, can understand such a need?" I nodded to the warriors.

Using my royal alpha command, "Don't return unless you come in peace or your mate is within this pack." She nodded and ran off, humiliated and angry.

I sighed as Ashlynn came over to hug me. "How do you know the girl?" She sighed, shaking her head.

"She goes to our school, my Love. She's Beta Andrew's daughter from the Storm Moon Pack." I nodded. She'd just confirmed what the girl told me. "Do you still not trust me, Zion?" I looked down at my woman.

"'Tis not you that I don't trust, but my reaction to if you hadn't of confirmed her story." She placed a small hand on my chest and gazed up at me with her steady sea-blue eyes. "You know what I did to the male prisoners. That could have been Lila."

"That wouldn't have happened." The resoluteness in her voice should have been enough.

"It could have."

"You'd have had to go through me to hurt a woman, in any way, especially a way such as that. And I know you would die before laying a hand on me in such a manner." She ended the conversation with a firm, yet gentle, kiss.