Chapter 9: Alpha Is Missing!

Beta James above

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

The next day, I woke up and he was gone. I panicked. I also realized that yesterday was the most he'd ever said at one time. The rest of the pack, outside of Alicia, didn't know he could talk.

Zion, where are you?

No answer came. She began to worry. She jumped up, semi-sore, and got dressed. Running downstairs, she went to the kitchen. "Have you seen Zion, Alicia?"

"No, Luna. I thought he was with you. Is everything okay? Wait, Omg! You got marked!"

"He was with me when we fell asleep, but not when I woke

Alarm covered her face. 'Amber, Kimberly, James, Simon, pack, front and center now!' Within minutes, the entire pack filled the immense dining hall. 

"Listen up! Your alpha, and prince, is missing! He disappeared from bed while we slept. Warriors, split and take three trackers each with you! I want him found! I will kill whoever took him! Go! Go! Go!"

Everybody dispersed. Groups ran off, shifting as they did, with trackers in front. Finally, all of them stopped outside a cabin and surrounded it.

Luna, we've found a cabin. Surrounding. What do we do?

James, have the pack hide along the tree line. The second you hear ANYTHING, go in

Yes, Luna.

Don't get him or anybody else killed if you can help it. Bring the captors back to me. I'll deal with him/her/them.

Yes, Luna. Gotta go. Somebody's yelling inside the house. Holy shit! Alpha can talk?!

Yes. Now go!

___BETA JAMES___

"Move in!" We bombarded the house. Silver laced bullets were shot into our midst. Pack warriors fell left and right. We still surged forwards. For every fallen warrior, there was another. I saw Alpha Zion in the center. He was badly bruised. He was tied with silver-infused ropes. He was laying on a silver table. Anger rose in me. I sent a mental picture to Luna Ashlynn. Get him the hell out of there James! On my way! I'm leaving Amber in charge until we return.

I surged forward, dodging bullets and blows. He was yelling. I understood one word. "STOP!" Everyone froze, including me. His eyes met mine. Somehow, I unfroze. I ran forwards, shifted back, and untied him. I shifted back to wolf. Despite his burns, he shifted too. He padded up to the two werewolves with guns.

I AM YOUR KING! NOTHING YOU CAN DO WILL EVER CHANGE THAT UNTIL I DIE! YOU KILLED MY MOTHER AND FATHER! YOU SENT ME TO A PLACE OF TORTURE! YOU WITHHELD MY PEOPLE FROM THEIR RIGHTFUL RULER! YOU KIDNAPPED ME WHILST I WAS ASLEEP! YOU WOULD HAVE KILLED ME! YOU WILL DIE FOR TREASON!

His anger set them trembling in fear. They still couldn't move.

James, take these two to the cells. I'll interrogate them later. I know these two, and they shall not be dealt kindly with. They will die!

I nodded. He unfroze the warriors. We dragged them off. Luna met us halfway to the mansion. He stayed behind to tend to the wounded. I have no clue what he did, but they were all leaping and bounding back to us. Luna looked around, counting to make sure we were all there.

She howled a long, mournful howl when she didn't see Alpha Zion. She thought her mate was dead. Suddenly, he howled a short, reassuring howl and leaped at her. Playfully, he growled, nipping her ear. Her eyes lit up as they tumbled around. Every warrior in the pack laughed, drawing their attention back to us. They looked like two love-struck kids.

Onward warriors!

It was a simple command. The authority behind was unlike anything I'd ever heard. Well, other than when he yelled at his captors.

___Ashlynn___

I didn't see him. All hundred warriors were there, but I didn't see him. Hell, I didn't even smell him! My heart crumbled. My wolf let out a long, painful, sorrowful howl. As far as I knew, Zion had died. Suddenly, I heard a short, loving, reassuring howl. My heart leaped in joy. Was it really him?

Almost immediately, he leaped out and tackled me. He let out a playful growl before nipping my ear. We tumbled around for a while. Then we heard the warriors laughing, playfully telling us to get a room. We stopped. I probably looked like a kid getting caught in the cookie jar, but I didn't care. Suddenly, Zion's royal alpha command came out. "Onward, warriors!"