Chapter 2: New School

I'd been untied sometime after I passed out. Looking at the ipod, I saw it was six a.m. I jumped out of bed as swiftly as I could. Pain shot through my naked, riddled body, a telltale sign of the night before. I showered, got dressed as quickly as possible, and packed my ipod into the bag. I went downstairs and made breakfast. As soon as I heard someone coming down the stairs, I booked it out the door. I slowed down ten minutes later, when I was sure nobody had followed. Pain tore through my body, protesting any movement. I had no clue where I was going.

I saw an old woman walking her dog and sat down on the curb. The woman came up to me. "Are you lost, dearie?" I looked up and nodded. She laughed. "Where are you headed?" I pointed to my book bag. "School?" I nodded. "You don't talk, do you?" I shook my head, thankful she didn't strike me. However, she looked the type that had seen a lot in her days. "Okay. School is fifteen minutes walk straight north." She pointed to my right. "You'll see a sign pointing you in the right direction. Just go that way for five minutes and you'll be there." I nodded, signed my thanks, and went on my way. "See you tomorrow?" I nodded.

Fifteen minutes later, I came to a sign. Virgin Cross Middleschool was straight ahead. Virgin Cross Elementary school was to the left. Virgin Cross Highschool was to the right. Five minutes later, I was at the highschool. I saw somebody signing to somebody else. Thrilled, I went up to him. Hi. I'm new. Where's the office? I signed. He smiled and signed back. Hi. I'm Simon. Welcome to Virgin Cross High. Follow me. I followed him. He led me to the office and waited. I went to the office. "You must be Zion King?" I nodded and she handed me my schedule.

I had no clue where anything was. I had locker 306. My first class was English. Second was gym. Third was Math. Lastly I had Carpentry. Simon looked at my schedule. You have all classes but Carpentry with me. You have carpentry with my sister, Ashlynn. I just wanted to leave this place. I appreciated this guy's friendliness but I didn't need it. If Ricardo and Sabrina found out, I'd be in so much trouble. Thanks, Simon. I can understand people's talking, you know. I just don't talk. He laughed. "Okay." I followed him to class. Several people sniffed as we passed. I heard one girl whisper, "Rogue."

I remember thinking to myself, "What the fuck is a rogue?"

I ignored the looks and whispers. I couldn't respond to it anyway. I made my way to the empty seats in the back of the class. Nobody questioned my bruises and cuts until after class. Thank the Moon Goddess they didn't! Mrs. Ruben came over to me. "Zion, what's happened to your face? Do I need to take you to a pack doctor?"

I signed to her. I fell in glass. I'm okay. Pack doctor? What do you mean?

She looked at me in shock. "Are you a rogue then?"

What is a rogue? She sighed.

"You really don't know, do you?" Know what?

She shook her head. "Let me take you to the Luna and her crew. Theyll explain better than me." Turned out, they had gym with me.

She signaled to a group of kids. Simon was included in them. A dirty-blonde girl stepped forth. "Stay away from him, Mrs. Ruben. He's a rogue."

What the hell is a rogue? Who the hell are you? Simon stepped forward. Finally, a friendly face.

They all gasped. "You're a werewolf and don't know these terms?" Simon was a lot calmer.

I AM NOT A WEREWOLF.

"You are a werewolf! You're a rogue. You've got a lot of questions to answer." I shook my head. Dirty-blonde chick was getting no answers from me.

Suddenly, a stunning girl walked in. Her hair was dark with a purplish tint, almost like a Starling bird. Her eyes were a beautiful blue. Her skin was pale. She sniffed the air, and her eyes shot to me. She practically ran over to us. "MINE!" She growled. Her eyes went from a sea blue to a dark brown. It terrified me. I opened my mouth to scream, but nothing came out. I grabbed my bag and ran. I didn't know where I was going, but I ran. Adrenaline fueled my escapade. My body ached. Pains shot through me like fire. I collapsed in the woods. I later woke up in a bed with a beeping by my head.