Chapter 12: Beatings and Answers

Poppy above

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

"Who do you work for?" He cowered in fear as far as his bonds would let him.

"Nobody, I swear!"

"Liar!" The silver length of the whip lashed out. A muffled scream sounded as he clamped down on his lip. "Tell me! Who do you work for?"

"I don't know! I only take orders!"

The whip lashed out. "Wrong answer. I want names, NOW!"

He whimpered. "I don't know names! I swear to you!"

The whip came back down, burning into the man's skin, something that, not too long beforehand, I'd been at the mercy of. I was seething with rage.

"Wrong fucking answer, rogue! If you won't give me names, give me something, you motherfucker!"

"I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING!" He screamed in agony as I brought the whip down three more times. I was sure that the entire pack could hear my questions and his screams, but I didn't care. Why would I when they were a threat to my people? To my pack? To my mate?

Finally, his neck was snapped, and he was dragged off. I went through the rest of the males in like manner. Soon, an overwhelming scent of strawberries hit me. It was my mate. "Zion, you're done. I'll handle the women." I nodded as she wrapped me in a comforting embrace. Her scent calmed me down in seconds. I reluctantly walked away as her darkened eyes watched me leave.

Ashlynn

I brought out one of the women. She was just a young girl, of maybe eighteen years, and that was if she wasn't younger than she looked. Living the life of a rogue would do that to a wolf. I felt bad for her. I was going to try this the easy way first. If she didn't cooperate, I'd take my less preferred route.

"What's your name?"

She shook her head. "I'm a rogue without a name. I can't talk with a voice."

I immediately felt pity for her. It wasn't too long ago that my prince was a rogue who couldn't use his voice. I had compassion for her. "I'm not going to hurt you as long as you cooperate with me. Can I call you Poppy?"

She nodded. "I already know the questions. We're working for a wolf called Anderson Blackmoon. His base is located about five miles downstream in a huge cave. A war is brewing. You must prepare. You have seven to fourteen days."

"Poppy, since you cooperated with us and you're so young, I'll do what I can to ensure you're not harmed." Suddenly, violent sobs wracked her body. I wrapped an arm around her. "What's wrong, Poppy?"

"I've got nothing to live for. My mate was the first one killed back at the cabin."

I felt really bad. I silently cursed my mate. "I'm so sorry. I don't know what to do. Maybe the moon goddess will bless you with another." I knew the words were useless in her predicament, but I didn't know what else to say for comfort. 

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
The next chapter is oral sex in the woods between two new characters. There will be a book later on those two.