"Can you carry him to his room?" Hoseok spoke up, drawing Jungkook away from his thoughts, "Second door on the left." he smiled gently, not even waiting for a reply as he picked up his medical gear and headed out of the living room. 

Jungkook rolled his eyes, "Sure." he said to no one in particular as he stood back to his feet. Swiftly, he slipped his arms underneath Taehyung's back and legs, picking the male up once again as he carefully made his way out into the main foyer. Judging by how quiet the mansion was, Jungkook assumed most of the members were either out or sleeping. 

Blowing a piece of hair away from his eyes, Jungkook let out a grunt as he began to ascend the staircase, almost loosing his footing a couple of times as he failed to see where he was placing his feet. 

Eventually however, he managed to reach the top of the stairs, taking a minute to catch his breath before pivoting to the left and making his way to the second door. "Gosh this is hard." Jungkook complained, raising his knee to support Taehyung's legs as he let go, reaching out with one hand to quickly open the door. 

Still balancing Taehyung, Jungkook let out a silent shout of victory as the door swung open, allowing for him to pick Taehyung back up and sweep him over to the bed positioned beside the window. Jungkook didn't bother to turn on the lights, deciding it would be best not to disturb the blue haired male. So carefully, Jungkook dipped Taehyung down to the bed. 

He pulled away the bedsheets, laying the male down and propping Taehyung's head up on his pillow. Slowly, he pulled the bedsheets over the sleeping male, tucking him in before leaning over the bedside. 

He found his gaze lingering over Taehyung, a small smile tugging at the corners of his lips as he noticed that Taehyung's breathing had returned to normal. The male's blue hair fell softly over his forehead, and it was only upon closer inspection did Jungkook notice his delicate eyelashes. His features were so soft, but his bone structure was sculpted to perfection and Jungkook almost found it fascinating how someone could be so perfect. 

Pulling his gaze away, Jungkook stood back from the bedside, turning on his feet as he decided to head out the door. But before he left, he took one quick glance around the room, silently chuckling to himself at the array of different vinyls and records that decorated the walls of Taehyung's room. And through the light that shone in from the hallway, Jungkook lastly spotted a single photograph pinned against the wall. Shuffling over to where it hung, Jungkook found himself squinting as he tried to make out the figures in the photograph, made difficult by the darkness of the bedroom. 

It was three people, Hoseok, Taehyung and lastly Namjoon. From closer inspection, Jungkook was able to make out their expressions, how Hoseok's smile spread from ear to ear as he was presumably letting out a goofy laugh, how Taehyung was running a hand through his bright red hair and the way Namjoon stood happily in the middle, arms wrapped around the both of them. 

Stepping away from the photograph, Jungkook paused for a moment before turning back to the light, slipping his way out into the hallway before quietly shutting the door behind him.

His mind was full of questions...

He wanted to know more.

---

Just a couple of hours before the dawn-light would bring the colours back to the streets, Yoongi made his way down the path of the cracked sidewalk to the main gate of the mansion. He figured he'd probably be sleepy and just snuggle into bed the minute he arrived home, but he felt more awake then noon-time. His eyes momentarily rose to the stars, no stranger to the darkness of course, a part of him was surprised he wasn't afraid. But this cloudless speckled night felt rather dreary after hearing from Hoseok over the phone that their mission had gone bust. 

Kicking his feet against the path, Yoongi made his way through the rusted front gate of the mansion, taking a hold of his black cap as he removed it from his head, shaking his blonde hair from his eyes and ruffling a hand through it. He made his way to the front door in no time, not even giving a knock before he entered. 

With sluggish movements, Yoongi closed the grand doors behind him, raising a brow when he turned around to be greeted by Hoseok and Namjoon standing centre foyer. Yoongi stood still as his eyes flickered across the pair. Namjoon appeared rather collected whilst on the other hand Hoseok was abnormally fidgety, tapping a foot against the marble floor with impatience. 

"You're late." Hoseok spoke up, watching as Yoongi strolled his way up to the pair with half lidded eyes. 

"No shit, I took a detour."

"Why?"

Yoongi sighed, "Because I know people are hanging around our locations at the moment so I wanted to make sure I wasn't being followed."

Crossing his arms across his chest, Namjoon gave a nod of acknowledgement, "You're right about us being targets at the moment." Bringing a hand to his head, Namjoon ruffled his hair, closing his eyes as he let out a breath, "As for why though... I'm just as clueless as everyone else in the gang."

Eyes widening all of a sudden, Yoongi's lips parted in shock, "You're telling me that you, our leader, Kim fucking Namjoon, has no idea why we're being targeted!?"

Slapping Yoongi against the shoulder, Hoseok shushed the male, "Quiet down, everyone's sleeping." Hoseok paused, eyes drifting over to the living room before he let out a troublesome sigh, "well... at least I think everyone is. Jungkook's in the living room right now, I advised him not to go home right after our mission failure."

Yoongi placed a hand against his hip, "Makes sense." 

After a moment of shared silence between the trio, Hoseok spoke up once again, this time slipping out his phone from his pocket. Under the warm light of the chandelier, Hoseok's features were shadowed as he tapped at his screen, pursing his lips as he located the image he was searching for. 

"Here." Hoseok said, holding his phone in front of him for Namjoon to see. Yoongi made his way to Hoseok's side as he too examined the image on the phone screen. Hoseok gestured towards the image, "I caught this off of Taehyung's camera during tonights dinner infiltration." he began to explain, pinching his fingers against the screen as he zoomed in. It only took a second for the pixelated image to load into something a little more HD, and it was only then did Hoseok point out the two men exchanging documents, "Taehyung managed to catch these two in the act of passing over information, Jeon information that is..." he zoomed in further, "I can only see the Jeon family crest, everything else on the document is too blurred out. What I do know however is that the chick 'Summer' who originally invited Taehyung to the dinner was associated with those men, immediately leading Taehyung away from the scene."

Pinching the bridge of his nose, Namjoon shook his head, "I don't know what we've done, or how we've provoked them, but one thing's for certain..."

"The Jeons are onto us."

----------------------------------------

{Author Note}

Finally an update for this book!