Chapter 37- Puzzle Pieces

Start from the beginning

"Can't go anywhere without it." You returned the expression with a soft smile. He took out a spoon and scooped up a bit of whipped cream to mix in the coffee. He quickly put back his hidden stash and handed you the warm cup.

"Thank you." You spoke quietly, heating your hands on the porcelain cup. 

"The secret is to use whipped cream instead of creamer cause it makes it a bit sweeter and creamier than usual." 

"I didn't take you for a guy who liked sweets."

"I...like to keep people on their toes." He said back. All was quiet for a moment, the elder man reflecting as he sat back down in his seat. It was odd...it felt like talking to you was like talking to an old friend. Just a few days ago he lectured you like a parent...and now he didn't know quite how to talk to you. He felt that way when writing your assignment...you were much further along in your training than most of the other students...and you were even hired to protect the kids like he was. She's in the same position as me...I should be honest.

"(Y/n)." Eraserhead called out to you, his dark eyes focused entirely on you.

"Yes?"

"I agree with you." He said, scratching the back of his head.

"About what?" You asked inquisitively.

"The security. I got reports from the police that Hagakure started taunting them last week, excitedly talking as if she knew she wasn't going to be behind bars much longer. It's a little coincidental that she would be talking right when we were expected to leave. It's like the League knows we aren't going to be around to stop them from breaking her out."

"Or she knows how to break them in." You replied, a sinking feeling in your gut. Aizawa grunted in response, drinking his coffee with you.

"How's it taste?" He asked.

"Good, it's sweet but I like it." He nodded at your response, leaning forward towards you.

"Do you have any information about what might be going on there?" Aizawa asked you, looking at your expression darken.

"Well...I know she has a step-brother. He has the power to manipulate emotions to the point of torture and paralyzation. He's used it on me a few times...and I've been powerless to it each time.  It's much more powerful than it sounds. He seems to have some sort of vendetta against me...probably cause I beat the shit out of his sister." You replied, partially amused at the end of the sentence.

"Makes sense. Family typically looks after family."

"What really pisses me off though is that he has a partner he works with in the league...a man named Dabi. He has a blue fire quirk..." You trailed off, looking into the light brown liquid that sat half-empty in the mug. Aizawa lifted an eyebrow before scratching his growing stubble, his eyes in a faraway place as if he were thinking.

"Huh...that's interesting."

"Why's that?" 

"Well, I'm pretty sure Endeavor's kid had blue fire too. Weird how some people get similar quirks." He spoke with a hint of airheadedness.

Teal eyes that looked back into yours, a slight glow in them just like Shoto's.

Suddenly the sweet coffee made by Aizawa tasted like dirt on your tongue, you feeling like you were going to throw up.

"You okay (y/n)?" Eraserhead kindly asked you, a bored look that masked his clear concern was layered on his chiseled features.

"It's just...that guy...Dabi...he's the one that burned my clansmen alive. He burned my village to the ground...and the day of finals...he told me that. That's why I was so upset...that's why I barely held it together. You were there for me sensei, and for that I'm really grateful. If you weren't there, it was likely that I would have done something I couldn't take back." His eyes went soft immediately, his own coffee beginning to taste sour.