Chapter 13- Seeing Red

Edited 5/16/23

You waited in Recovery Girl's office for what felt like an eternity, but at least you were being productive. You scanned around post Nezu's leave in an attempt to see if you could find any clues towards the spy that was in the room. Aside from the single drop of blood on the floor, there was absolutely nothing to prove someone was ever there. 

With a feather light step, you quickly scanned the room to see if there was anything to help you collect the blood drop before it dried. Nezu had a hero/villain database to work with...but you had your own black market resources.

You looked around the room to see a locked cabinet across the back wall that you previously saw Recovery Girl take supplies from. If you found something to collect an untainted sample, you could have a significant lead on this case. You pulled out the drawer directly next to you to see only latex gloves, tissues, and cotton balls in there. You kept looking around in different drawers for something to collect the sample, but the only thing somewhat helpful was a hair pin and paper clip.

With care for your sore ankle, you quickly decided to just break into the locked cabinet for the proper equipment. Just from glancing at it, you could tell it was a latch style lock. You twisted the wires and turned, ear against the latch until you heard a satisfying clicm. With the type of budget this school had, you were actually surprised they didn't have a higher quality lock on the medical equipment.

Although suppose if they are going to a hero academy, the students wouldn't contemplate breaking into things and stealing them.

"Jackpot." You kept looking and found a swab kit that was wrapped in sterile plastic. This was usually used for testing if someone was sick with a virus or infection. You quickly took the swab and moved to the blood drop with careful precision. With a dainty swipe, you had swabbed the drop, absorbing all of it, and put it into the plastic container the kit came with.

You hurriedly put the vial in your UA uniform pocket until you could make it to your locker and hide it amongst your belongings. It seemed as so bedrest wasn't quite happening, especially knowing your instincts regarding an infiltrator at the Sports Festival weren't off. You were on high alert, ready to step in at any moment, but you had to tell All Might first. Once you safely ensured the vial was in a secure location, you made your way to the employee designated rest area where All Might must have been watching the fights.

While passing a few classmates, they offered you praise and compliments on your performance so far, leaving you feeling a strange mix of appreciative and awkward. You thanked them quickly, and instead focused on finding All Might. The office was a relatively small room with a thick privacy door and fogged glass windows, preventing any prying eyes from entering. You weren't even going to chance another person somehow sneaking into the room when you spoke to All Might, and ghosted right through the walls. All Might was sitting in a cushioned chair having a cup of coffee when he sputtered it nearly all over himself.

"Y-Young (y/n)!? What are you doing here? You have another fight soon, don't you?" The shrunken man was alone in the room, hiding exactly the way you predicted. Once you learned he had a limited time period of being in his larger form, you guessed he would stay in the area with the most privacy that only a limited number of people had access to.

"I had to find you. Sorry for dropping in like this but I have to warn you." All Might immediately perked up and placed his cup down on the coffee table in front of him. The entire table was covered in various water glasses, snack plates, and note materials on the students. If you were just any old student, you probably would have gotten chewed up for seeing all of this 'confidential' data out in the open, but they couldn't stop you even if they wanted to.