Chapter 21- Be Mine

You felt frozen the whole school day.

Tokyo HQ's mercenary division of forensics demanded to see you as fast as possible. They wouldn't tell you on the phone what their findings were. Whatever it was, you knew it wasn't good. You sat rigid in your chair, not bothering to take notes all through algebra despite finals being only a few weeks away. Katsuki noticed but was silent, unsure what was bothering you. By the end of the day, you made minimal conversation and it was clear something was weighing heavily in your mind. Katsuki felt anxiety pool in his stomach thinking something happened...or that maybe your morning in the hotel room with him the other day was crossing the line. He waited until you both left school for the day and began your usual walk home towards his house, although today you had other plans.

"Hey Kacchan I can't come over today. Something came up." You spoke to him in a semi-flat tone as you both walked side by side. Katsuki scratched the back of his head, feeling the sourness in his stomach practically burst.

"Fuck it...Extra what's been up with you? You've been weird and distant all fucking day. Are you gonna tell me what's up?" Katsuki glared at you with his scarlet eyes you adored so much. You knew for his safety that you had to avoid telling him about your mission details...but if you didn't... would it cause a rift between you two? Katsuki moved forward as he turned towards you, grasping both of your hands in his gently.

"Did I do something wrong?" He asked with a soft tone you didn't think you'd ever hear out of his mouth. You wanted to scream no that he was perfect but you were so thrown off by his soft expression to you.

"N-no! Kacchan you've been great! I just...I just can't tell you because it has to do with my assignment. I didn't mean to make you worried, I'm sorry." It was like you spoke a magic word that flipped Katsuki back to normal because he quickly tugged away with a pink face.

"I-I wasn't worried ya fucking doofus. Listen, I wanted to take you out tonight remember? Are you gonna be too busy or what? Fuckin lame." Katsuki mumbled the end but it lifted your mood to hear his frustrated grumbles.

"Aww gonna miss me too much Kacchan?"

"You fuckin wish. Anyway, answer the question Extra." You thought about it for a moment.

"Well um...if I leave now, I might have time. I will have to study on my assignment though." You tapped your chin in thought, making Katsuki smirk at you.

"Well leave already so you'll come back to me faster." You giggled with a grin, smiling brightly at this boy who has seemed to open right up to you so quickly.

You vanished, right before his eyes.

~~

You adorned your Shinobi costume and painted mask, weapons in tow as you arrived at Tokyo Hero HQ. The Masamune blade was hidden in a secret lock box in your dorm room at school, requiring both an eye scan and a pin key to open. You had to be cautious that the blade would never be taken, it was meant for you and you alone.

You walked to the side of the building, pulling down a stray lever that appeared to be a pipe. A spot in the metal side panels opened up to reveal a doorway. You walked through it and down a flight of stairs, the door shutting behind you. After that, you came to a number pad where you typed in your code. You entered a very high tech facility full of glass walls, computer screens, and televisions playing one of every major news organizations' broadcasts for Japan. You walked straight towards the segment of the facility that specialized in forensics, seeing a familiar face. A young boy who looked to be the age of eight, but in fact was much older, was staring at a set of paperwork next to a large screen on an adjacent wall.

"Whiz Kid, I'm here." You addressed him using his hero name. He was a genius that would be hired in contracts via the mercenaries looking for their target. His quirk was called Quick Scan, the ability to read through thousands of papers, online articles, and books, in a matter of seconds and commit the information to memory permanently. He was the best in the field, leading him to earn six doctorate degrees for fun from Harvard, Brown, Oxford, and more recently Tokyo U. The mercenary world always earned far more money than heroes, and that's exactly the life he wanted.