Chapter 16- The Beginning Journey

Edited 5/16/23

The sky was filled with glimmering stars when you and All Might finally arrived at the last station the train would drop you off at. It was two in the morning, and the aging hero was exhausted. He couldn't sleep all night, he was so anxious about the trip the two of you were about to take.

All Might didn't know what to expect from this so-called 'Ghost King' but he wasn't about to let you venture into the unknown without some protection. He knew you were extremely capable...but something inside of him needed to be with you during this journey. Midoriya was with his teacher, Gran Torino, so he knew that the young boy would be in good hands. You on the other hand struggled greatly with your view and mentality of being a hero. You were a mercenary where killing your opponent was basically required. You had to save the day as a hero while killing and acting like a villain. 

It's no wonder you were having an identity crisis. 

You yawned while stretching your arms and carrying your backpack. All Might followed suit, switching his backpack to his back instead of just holding it like before. You weren't sure how much of this journey his body could handle, but you would do everything you could to keep him safe and healthy along the way.

You quickly texted Katsuki, letting him know you made it to your station and was beginning your trek into the mountains. The two of you usually never really texted much considering you slept over his house most days and spent basically every waking moment with him. Perhaps this distance will help the two of you and give you some clarity amongst the tide of exciting emotions that flooded you.

But who were you kidding, your heart ached to see his face already.

Your chest soared when you checked your messages to see three missed messages, one of them from your explosion boy.

KACCHAN (7:32PM)

Hey Extra. I made it to my agency check in. This dude looks fucking weird. I better kick some ass or some shit this week. Anyway, let me know when your train comes in or I'll kick your ass instead.

You smiled at his message, quickly typing a reply.

Me (2:07AM)

Just made it. Poor All Might looks exhausted. Now we need to hike up the mountains so I don't know how often I'll be able to check my phone. Be good for Best Jeanist...but if you see a bad guy, beat the shit out of him for me.

You scanned through your other missed messages to see one from Midoriya and Todoroki. You swallowed the lump in your throat and looked at the message from Deku first.

Midoriya (5:46PM) 

Hey (y/n)! Letting you and All Might know that I made it to Gran Torino's town! I will keep you updated in case I hear from Iida or something happens. Good luck and let me know how your training goes, plus ultra!

Izuku was so adorable and sweet...he was the epitome of kindness and you really looked up to him sometimes. You texted him back, updating him on your location. You then looked at Todoroki's text; the two of you haven't seen each other since the sports festival...so you haven't had the chance to tell Todoroki about your exchange with his father. Your stomach went sour at the memory of Endeavor visiting you. He was so ready to arrange a wedding between you and Shoto...but you couldn't even consider that.

Even your feelings aside, a quirk marriage sounded archaic and terrifying, not to mention sexist as hell. What, were you some incubator for a popular male hero to make some sort of legacy for himself? What about your work? What about your dreams and happiness?