Jisoo was reluctant to let Irene go. And the other woman smiled as the princess pulled her back in for another kiss. It lasted long and tasted sweet. Jisoo released a content sigh as they hugged. Irene kissed her cheek, before stepping back.

"I must go now," she said softly, "My sister is most likely waiting."

Jisoo held on to her hand, "Alright, but can I come by later?"

Irene's heart skipped, "Ofcourse," she leaned in to peck her lips, "I'll even cook your favourite meal."

Jisoo chuckled and kissed her again, "You're too good for me."

"I know," pointed Irene, "Don't forget it," she laughed then walked towards the door. Waving to Suga he nodded with a smile as the door closed.

Jisoo wasn't aware of the wide smile on her own face as she looked at the door. Irene made her feel calm, assured and many other good feelings. It was different with her, in a way she still wasn't use to. And wondered if she ever would be. Because she had not been lying. Irene was far too good for her.

"She's a wonderful woman," said Suga as he came up next to her, "Much better than that other one," Jisoo sighed, not in the mood for another lecture.

"I'm aware of your opinion Suga," she turned to him, "No need to bring it up every moment you catch."

"I am just stating a fact. She brings out a different side to you," he said. Jisoo knew that and it frightened her, "But that other one, she could destroy you," he was wrong, thought Jisoo. Lisa understood her and her limits. But Irene...she held the potential of breaking them.

"What is it you really want to say?" she looked at him and he chuckled.

"Jeongyeon, Lisa and Jennie. They must carry the seal."

"Why?"

"Because this way it makes their loyalty to you final. There will be no room to question you," he said.

"Perhaps questioning is what I need," she raised an eyebrow, "To sharpen my discernment," he kept still, "Don't fret so much Suga," she placed a hand on his shoulder, "I've known them all my life. They will not do anything to hurt me. Now if you will excuse me, I'll be returning to the court and check how preparations are going," she waved at him as she left.

The doors banged shut behind her. Collapsing down to the floor, she clutched her chest and covered her mouth. The screams were arduous, and it felt as though the bricks were trembling due to it. The yellow spark reflected through the cracks of the door. She covered her ears. Then it all went quiet. The door slid open, her robe sliding through. She frowned, unhappy to see the other woman crouching in this way.

"Tully," she whispered and stretched out her fingers. Gently she placed them against the other woman's arms. Tulip kept her ears covered. Nina sat next to her and pulled her close to her. She speckled light kissed over the top of Tully's head, hoping to calm her. It took a few moments but eventually the general was no longer shaking.

"I-I can't stand it," she whispered.

"It will be over soon," said Nina.

"There eyes. Each time, when they brighten it reminds me," Tulip gulp, not wanting the memories of that horrid day to drown her. Nina hugged her tighter, giving her head some more kisses.

"Be patient dear, once everything is complete you will never have to endure the horrors of war ever again," she felt Tulip grip.

"You promise?"