➥43

"Do you think fate exists?""Oh my God, go to sleep

"Oh my God, go to sleep." Donghyuck groaned from the other side of the bed, burying his face in the pillow.
"I regret letting you sleep in my expensive bed."

"Can I ask you a question?"
"No."
"Whenever you're upset or angry, will you come to me."
"What, why?"
"Because, I care about you."

The room fell awfully silent and Seyeon turned her head, but all she could see was his back.
"Why?"
"Hm?" She hummed out in confusion.
"Why do you care about me?"

"Why wouldn't I?" She asked confused and Donghyuck sighed, turning so he was laying on his back.
"Because, we're completely different. I'm a gang leader and you're a prosecutor- in which world does that even make sense. Think about it Seyeon, us being close is clearly affecting your job and-"

"I wouldn't want it to change."
"I told you, this is why I don't like having friends- i don't want to get attached to you."

Seyeon turned on her side and peered up at him, the moonlit rays falling onto his skin.
"Do you regret meeting me?" She asked quietly, her heart thumping in her ear and Donghyuck's head turned towards her, eyes falling to hers.

"Yes."

"Oh."

"Only because if I knew this was going to happen, i would have stopped it."
"What do you mean?" She asked, swallowing the dryness in her throat.

"Just how close we've gotten."
"Is it a bad thing?"

Donghyuck sighed and turned on his side so they were now face to face.
"It is, when it comes down to the fact that i-"
"...you what?" She almost asked desperately but Donghyuck shook his head and turned around.

"It's not the right time to talk about it now...you should go sleep." Donghyuck said, pulling the covers closer to him.
Seyeon sighed out of disappointment and watched as his back rose and fell.

"My life has really changed since meeting you." She muttered, reaching out subconsciously and stroking his soft hair.
"I wish I met you sooner."

"Why?" His tone was thick, laced with tiredness and Seyeon inched closer to him, massaging his scalp as she caught onto the fact it calmed him down judging by his sighs of content.

"Because you make me happy." She smiled, eyes drawing down to Donghyuck as he turned around to face her but he was too tired to open his eyes..

"You..." He mumbled out, arms falling around her waist and his head rested in between her neck and shoulder.
"Make me a better person." He managed to get out before he was overcome with sleep.

Seyeon smiled to herself, still taking her hands through his hair as his arms remained around her.
She sighed and adjusted herself to be more comfortable and brushed the hair out of his eyes- captivated by the innocence as he slept.

"I like you Donghyuck." She whispered, knowing he was asleep but part of her hoped he was listening but nevertheless, she pressed a kiss to his forehead.
"Goodnight."